“Tapas with excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curate

Curate
11 Biltmore Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801-3603 (Downtown Asheville)
+1 828-239-2946
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Curate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Charleston, South Carolina
“Tapas with excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised on our first visit to Curate as both the food and the service was one of the best we experienced in our lifetime. We have been to Barcelona and Madrid, Spain in the past and learned to enjoy tapas. However at Curate we found the menu selections and quality to be far above any other Tapas bar in the States. We returned a couple of days later and immersed ourselves in several tasty "creations". , recommending it to all our friends. We are going back this week to discover more wonderful items.
Thank you and continued success.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kihei, Hawaii
“Excellent food and service; can't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Four of us had a lovely dinner; mostly went by our servers suggestions-no complaints! Great cocktail to start off; nice wine. Amazing tapas-stuffed peppers, tomato bread, Spanish ham sampler, mushrooms, lamb skewers, octopus, patatas bravas (how I measure a good authentic tapas place-these were tops!), brandada... Only thing I didn't love was the eggplant-it was ok but not up to par with the other food. Would (will) go back! Pricing was reasonable for the serving sizes $6 and up.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Florida
“No wow factor for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I know I am suppose to love this restaurant, but I just didn't. The reviews were spectacular so this was the first restaurant I booked when planning a trip to Asheville. I liked the crowded , energy filled room. My server was pleasant enough however he was stretched to thin between tables, he was always in a hurry to leave and took very long to return. To start, I know good Tapas. I spent my college days in Madrid and fell in love with the food and culture. Maybe I expected to much from this restaurant. In order to make the best Tapas for my taste you need the finest ingredients, simply prepared. The dishes we ordered were so very inconsistent. The Tortilla was so over cooked it had to be returned, the Manager agreed and removed it from our bill. He said the mix was off that evening. We disliked so many of our selections that we did not want to further complain about our experiance. After 6 orders we called it quits. The manager was so kind and polite and explained that it was an off night, we had a cordial chat with him and left. I don't think this is a bad restaurant, just not what I had expected. If I lived in Asheville I would try it again for sure.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Crank up the fryer temp”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I tried tapas for the first time in a dive bar in Madrid in 1978 -- mostly octopus, Serrano ham, manchego cheese, and bread, accompanied by water glasses of rustic red wine. At Curate, the concept has traveled a long way from those roots. The restaurant has been so much in the foodie news lately that my husband and I were anxious to try it. For his birthday dinner, we sampled ten dishes, ranging in price from $6 - $20, and two mid-range Spanish white wines. That was plenty to eat, but we were by no means overstuffed. Unfortunately, the quality of the dishes was wildly inconsistent, and the most expensive were not necessarily the best tasting. My favorites were the dishes that relied on quality ingredients, simply prepared, especially the lardo iberico ahumado and the pincho moruno. On the other hand, everything that came out of the deep fryer was excessively greasy; we couldn't even eat the chorizo bits wrapped in potato chips they were so soaked in oil. The best thing we ate wasn't even on the menu -- a big sheet of chocolate/nut/dried cherry brittle that was my husband's birthday surprise. The room was very noisy and crowded, but the service was friendly, professional, and prompt. All in all, I'm glad we gave it a shot, but we won't be going back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Windermere,Florida
“Best in Asheville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We love good food and in two short visits we have eaten here 3 times. Very high quality tapas. Chef has been written up in multiple magazines. Every item we have tried has been excellent. Favorites include peppers stuffed with goat cheese, potato salad with tuna ( better than it may sound). Have the
fried marcona almonds with drinks while you mull over the menu.Reservations a must at dinner but you may slide in at lunch if you're lucky.

Visited July 2013