“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Curate

Curate
11 Biltmore Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801-3603 (Downtown Asheville)
+1 828-239-2946
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Curate is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton Avenue
Transit: Asheville Transit provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and other local areas with 24 bus routes running from 6 a.m.-11:30 p.m., Monday - Saturday. Routes originate at Transit Center, located 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). On-duty information assistant provides assistance with maps & schedules.
Description: THE BEST OF SPAIN, conveniently located downtown Asheville! Curate is pleased to bring the best Spain has to offer through our traditional cuisine, unrivaled hospitality and festive, energetic atmosphere. In Spanish, Curate, means 'cure yourself.' Whether you're looking for a fun-filled evening out with friends or a quick bite before or after one of Asheville's many art or music productions, Curate is the place you go to take care of yourself, by letting us take care of you. Please join us for some fun...Just say "una cana!"
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I were in Asheville for our anniversary and Curate was recommended by our B&B hostess. What a great choice! Having never eaten at a Tapas restaurant, we had no idea what to expect. While the menu seemed a bit overwhelming at first, our server was great in explaining everything and even giving recommendations. Everything we had was fantastic! Don't miss the lamb skewers! If we're ever back in Asheville, we will definitely go back to Curate.

Visited January 2013

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Fabulous every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This restaurant never fails to entertain and deliver delicious food. The sangria is a great beverage choice, because it is not so sweet it can be enjoyed with the meal. The bartenders and wait staff are very helpful with menu choices. I'm a "picky eater" and I have never had anything that was not skillfully prepared and bursting with flavor. We prefer to sit at the "bar" where you can see all the food preparations.
A great time will be had by all at Curate!

Boonton
“Fabulous Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were in Asheville Saturday Night - and chose to eat at Curate, because we had heard what a Great Chef, Katie Button is. We were not disappointed - everything was fabulous, we love this type of dinning - lots of small plates! Awesome - loved the town too, and look forward to going back. Would absolutley eat here any time we are in Asheville.

Charleston, SC
“That was GOOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Spent last Saturday in Asheville and made a point to search out Curate for lunch. Figured we better get there early having just seen the restaurant featured in Food and Wine. Wound up being the first patrons through the door. Soon MANY followed. I loved this place and LOVED everything that came to our table.

Oddly enough, until my visit, I'd say I was not a big Tapas guy. But then I've never had small bites like the one's coming out of Curates kitchen. They are definitely playing Big League Ball back there.

The menu is a bit intimidating with 50+ selections, but our waiter was very helpful in making recommendations, and by our second round of plates, we were willing to trust that anything we chose was going to make us swoon. Everything did. I've never been won over so quickly.

Dishes are both simple and complex, proving that simple ingredients handled by experts can make the world stand up and take notice. And since our return home, we've discovered another article in the Robb Report and watched Curate leap to the Trip Advisors #2 position among all Asheville's restaurants.

Curate is a MUST DO when in AV, but it would be wise to plan ahead. Reservations are certainly necessary to guarantee an evening meal, and soon they may be needed for lunch.

Here's a tip: Sit at the bar. From this vantage you will see real chefs making real magic using techniques most of us will only ever experience through television.

Bravo!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This review is long overdue however I felt the need to let everyone know about my experience at Curate. First of all, WOW! Myself and my fiance chose to eat at Curate back in November after a friend recommended it to us. We are from out of town (Raleigh area) and were in Asheville to visit the Biltmore. We were also in celebratory mode that evening as we got engaged that morning!

Anyways, we learned quickly that it would of been smart to have gotten reservations since there was a 45 minute wait for bar seating. Since we really wanted to eat there, we decided to put our names in and we walked around downtown for a bit. The hostess called to tell us our table was ready in exactly 45 minutes. We sat at the bar which was a great experience! Our waiter was excellent and we talked to one of the chefs that was shaving the cured pig in front of us. We started with the pan con tamate with manchego cheese which was delightful. Then we ordered berenjenas la taberna (fried eggplant), gambas al ajillo (shrimp with garlic), and pincho moruno (lamb skewer). Everything was cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious! My favorite was the eggplant! I admit, I was full from splitting those small plates with my fiance however after watching the guy shave the cured meat we decided to splurge and order jamon iberico de bellota (cured pig). (My fiance's favorite!!) Then of course we had to order dessert. We had the helado de romero con almendras (rosemary orange ice cream and almond sponge cake). Again, absolutely amazing and unique! Forgot to mention we ordered the red sangria which was very tasty.

I would highly recommend Curate to anyone! It was a unique experience for me (as I had never experienced tapas before). The service and attention to detail was impeccable! We can't wait to go back!!

• Visited November 2012