“Great lunch of Southern Fried Chicken” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que features award-winning Bama-style pulled pork, ribs, turkey and chicken smoked over hardwood served fresh daily with two unique sauces plus eight to ten traditional Southern sides and tasty desserts. Located in the Biltmore Village area, there are many shops, music venues and attractions nearby with downtown Asheville minutes away. In addition to a beautiful outdoor patio, there are 4 large flat-screen TVs for sports viewing and will be live entertainment on the weekends.
“Great lunch of Southern Fried Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Sometimes I get a hankering for some good Ole Southern Fried Chicken. Not the kind you get from the fast food or chain shops but the homemade style. My wife and I returned for our second meal at Moe's BBQ in Asheville to enjoy the BBQ but I was intrigued by the fried chicken special.
It was fantastic. The sides of collards and mac and cheese would also make your momma proud.

Being from the south the fried chicken craving usually comes on a Sunday. We have certainly found a new place to go to get our fix:)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

st.pete
“Moe's BBQ is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was passing by Ashville around lunchtime so I looked up BBQ on Trip Advisor and found Moe's right off the highway. I'm so glad I did! I had the fried catfish, collards, and banana pudding. The fish was very fresh, lightly breaded, and incredibly tender. The greens were perfect (with a hint of sweetness), and the banana pudding actually caused me to make noises while I ate it alone in my car. Luckily, no one passing by heard me and thought I was doing something weird in there!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Asheville, North Carolina
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The que is awesome,but the wings OMG.I have dreams about them.The collars are off the chart good.Every time I go it gets better.Go early place gets packed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
ohio
“The Ribs our off the Chain,but the fried cat fish is awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went there expecting to get The ribs, which were better than the ribs I had the day before at 12 bones. But the fried catfish was unbelievable. The last time I had fish that good was when I was in Lake of the woods Canada and my Guide made a shore lunch with the Fish we caught earlier that day. It was That Good. Now I understand why there was a line out the door at lunchtime.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Henderson, Nevada
“Good Pulled Pork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I was hungry for ribs again. Saw the blurbs in Trip Advisor so we went to try it.

You order at the counter, find a table to sit at and wait till your name is called. The place wasn't fancy but it was comfortable. Who wants fancy anyway? Plastic utensils and paper containers ... works for me. Roll of paper towels on the table ... feels like home.

I had the ribs (large order-6 ribs) with two sides (marinated slaw, banana pudding), cornbread (delicious) and a drink ... $13. My companion had pulled pork with two sides (baked beans, marinated slaw), cornbread and a drink ... $10. We tasted the food off the other's plate. The marinated slaw is new for me ... I liked it. It's got a sweet, light vinegary taste.

Sorry, the ribs weren't as good as I was hoping (comparing it to ribs at The Pit in Raleigh) but the Pulled Pork was very good.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere