“I Get The Point!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Connecticut
“I Get The Point!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Whether you are having an MGB, Huevos Rancheros, Shrimp and Grits or just some biscuits and gravy with eggs, at Sunny Point they are all a real good breakfast? And that is "the point"...good food at good prices....combined with friendly service...an awesome breakfast experience. The coffee was top grade also.

When in Asheville, suggest you try it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

93% Recommend
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Awesome breakfast, but skip the coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I went here after reading the reviews. Driving into the area, we were not too encouraged and were getting ready to turn around. Even though we got there at 10 a.m. on a cold Monday morning, the parking lot was full, which was encouraging. Thankfully, we did not have to wait too long, the waitress seated us in the patio under a heater so it was comfortable. My wife had the french toast and I had the pancakes - both were absolutely terrific! The coffee was very ordinary. Waiter was very attentive, friendly and helpful despite being very busy. It is a bit of a drive but worth it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Abingdon VA
“Always pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We come here on a semi regular basis. Always a refreshing experience. Service is solid. Portion sizes are appropriate. I just wish the more 'upscale' breakfast joints would use some salt! There I said it. Sorry Sunny point that it came out in your post. But I think you represent THE breakfast spot, so I'll give you that. Very nice and welcoming. Pet and family friendly. Good coffee! Not your average hot, skanky pile of breakfast. (I'm not saying I don't like me some Skank from time to time...)

Visited December 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great breakfast place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hey, the TripAdvisor community nailed this one. After reading the reviews here my wife and I checked out Sunny Point Café this weekend. My biscuits and gravy were terrific and so were my scrambled eggs. My wife had the French toast and loved it as well.

We arrived right at 8:30 and waited about 15 minutes before grabbing a seat inside. There were still plenty of seats available in the outside covered patio, but it was a little bit too cold for us out there.

Great food, you won't be sorry.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton, New Jersey
“Excellent interesting homemade food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We ended up here on the recommendation of a glass blower in the River Arts District after our original plan to go to 12 Bones was dashed (they close mid-afternoon). A nice, laid-back place in West Asheville, with patrons of all ages including family groups, couples, etc.The menu has something for everyone, including vegetarian and non-vegetarian versions of several dishes. The food is very fresh and well-executed. I enjoyed black bean tostadas, which came with grits-cakes and both green tomatillo sauce and a chipotle crema. I added grilled shrimp, which gave me a tasty shrimp-and-grits breakfast the next morning from the leftovers. My friend really liked the vegetarian meatloaf, made with tempeh, which came with a large helping of mashed potatoes and nicely-prepared chard.

On the waiter's recommendation, we tried the "Elvis" special dessert: A white cake rolled around a banana/peanut butter filling, topped with chocolate glaze and served with whipped cream. Clearly made in house by skilled bakers. Very tasty!

Visited March 2013