“Tantalized Tastebuds” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chai Pani

Chai Pani
22 Battery Park Ave., Asheville, NC 28801-2715 (Downtown Asheville)
828 254 4003
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Description: Innovative, fun, affordable, delicious, mind blasting Indian Cuisine featuring "chaat" - crunchy, spicy, sweet, tangy, brightly flavored Indian street snacks and "Thalis" - traditional family meals highlighting India's amazing culinary diversity. Recommended by the New York Times and GQ Magazine.
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Tantalized Tastebuds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband and I had lunch there, our first visit, and wow! The variety of bursting flavors from the foods! First, I had iced chai, which was delicious, and served unsweetened. I like that as I could add the right amount of sweetness (most places serve it too sweet). Simple syrup was offered for the sweetener. Now, the food. My hubby tried the Bombay chili cheese fries, which were smaller-than-shoe string french fries topped with lamb hash, onion, cheese, fresh cilantro, and ??. Delicious! I am unfamiliar with lamb; this preparation was very tasty. I had the day's Thali special: Butter Chicken. Everything on this plate was so delicious! The lentil soup was lightly flavored, the slaw had a caraway flavor, then the jasmine rice, the butter chicken, the papadum, the naan - wowzers! The spices were not overpowering. Everything had a distinct flavor. It was a good value meal, and a delight for my tastebuds. We will be returning.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“YUM !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Simply amazing concept, love the decor , furniture , staff and most importantly FOOD !
just one little complain -------- all the drinks they serve SUCK :(
I have been to their both locations twice and tried almost all the drink on their menu but did not like any so far, for the price we pay - drinks don't do enough justice, But I loved their food, fried okra being the best . Thank you .

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“good place to sample Indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went here, not knowing much about the cuisine, and were very pleasantly surprised! Everything was delicious, and we will return again when in the area. We tried the appetizer/beer special of the day, then shared an order of the nightly vegetarian Thali, which allowed us to try a sampling of various foods. Loved it!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Disappointment:(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My kids and I LOVE Indian food and were excited to try this restaurant, based on the excellent reviews. NO ONE enjoyed their meal!! I ordered the uttapam and the crepe was wet and unappetizing. The iced chai tasted like dirty milk and my kids didn't like their sandwiches at all. The staff acted like they were doing us a big favor by serving us. Ugggggg

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Deez best of the Best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This is an awesome restaurant...WONDERFUL service....great wine and beer....and the food---c'est incredible!!! We may move here just to visit this restaurant!