“This is permanently closed to the public” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 65 Attractions in Asheville
Johnson City, TN
“This is permanently closed to the public”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I saw this on tripadvisor and thought it looked interesting so my friend and I drove over on Sunday. When we got to the entrance of Chimney Rock State Park we were informed the Needle's Eye has been closed to the public (no reason was given.) Also, the elevators which take you to the top of Chimney Rock are being repaired so we couldn't do that either. We paid $9.00 each to enter the park and hiked to the waterfall which had an amazing view. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon but before I go again, I will call the park to make sure the renovation projects have been completed so I can get my money's worth.

Visited March 2011

Winter Garden, Florida
26 attraction reviews
“fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

I visited the Chimney Rock needle's Eye a while ago, but had a lot of fun. The whole park is enjoyable. It was a bit intimidating at first walking through the 'eye', but just hang on to the handrails and watch your step! It is a pretty neat exerience.