“Must Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Asheville Food Tours

Asheville Food Tours
1 Page Avenue, Grove Arcade, Asheville, NC (Downtown Asheville)
(828) 273-0365
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 102 Activities in Asheville
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
Charleston, South Carolina
“Must Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have been out with Asheville Food Tours several different times when I have been visiting the area; I have tried all of the different tours that are offered so I was able to experience a variety of different restauarants. The tours are personable, and informative as you walk from location to location. Not to mention the places that have been chosen for the tours were certainly picked with care. In some restaurants the owners and/or chefs will come out and personally share with you and in other places you get to see the food cooked right in front of you. You almost always leave one of the tours with a tummy full of exceptional food. I have gone back to many of the restaurants on the tour simply because the sample and service recieved during the tour. I have even brought friends and family with me on the tour simply because it is an experience to be had!

Visited December 2012

Atlanta, GA
“Great way to experience the history and food of Asheville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I took the Asheville Food tour on a weekend getaway. It was a really fun experience and better than expected. After a quick introduction by our guide and meeting our fellow travellers, we headed off on a walk through downtown Asheville where our guide explained much of the history along the way. I believe we ended up visiting 6 restaurants along the walk. We eithe rmet the owner, head chef, or manager at each location and we able to sample a great varienty of food at each location. As well, each restaurant operator gave a little history about their restaurant, the inspiration for their food, and any little known facts that make them special. The variety of restaurants was great: Indian, Italian, Organic, Brewery, and more. By the end of the walk, we were full ... even after burning a few calories walking around town. My wife was 7 months pregnant when we did this, so that ought to give you a little feeling about the intensity of the walk ...she did just fine :)

Visited May 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“RE: excellent tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went on the tour today at 01:45. It got over at 5, which was extremely impressive. I had done a food tour previously when I was in San Antonio and this one was just as good, it not better. Chris is knowledgeable and took our group of 13 to 8 different locations. I have lived in Asheville for the last two years and had been to most of the places that we went, but it was nice to get the behind the scenes experience. My dad was visiting from NY and I wanted to do something different. I actually called Chris at 01:00 and even though his tour started at 01:45 he squeezed us in. I will recommend this tour to anyone until I start my own tour group haha

Lebanon, Tennessee
“Excellent, worth the money!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Chris was so knowledgeable about the area. We did the downtown food tour and went to 8 different places and tried food from everyone. It was my sisters birthday and they toasted her in a few places. It was great to get a feel of the area and where we could go back to get a good meal. We were so full afterwards! I highly recommend this at the beginning of your trip!!

Rockville, MD
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my first time going on a food tour and I had a great experience. We visited a nice variety of restaurants/establishments. It was nice to see the relationship that Chris had with the staff at the restaurants. We kept on time and had a nice little walk throughout the city. It would have been nice to have learned more about the history of Asheville as we walked around. I would certainly recommend this tour to anyone who likes good food.