“Awesome food and staff that treats you like family” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Formerly the Award Winning Savoy now Vinnie's. Same owner, same attention to details, quality of food and service.
Mobile, Alabama
“Awesome food and staff that treats you like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My fiancé and I were celebrating just getting engaged at Grandfather Mountain and when our servers (Sean and David) found out, they made our day even more special by offering us complimentary wine. When we were leaving, the entire staff, cooks, waitstaff and bartenders waved us off and congratulated us for getting engaged. They really went above and beyond for us and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Not only was their food, as I like to say the bomb.com, but the service was spectacular. Kudos goes out to the management for molding these employees into 5 star quality restaurant employees! I would highly recommend this restaurant to locals or visitors, like ourselves.

• Visited November 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best Eggplant Parmesan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Best Eggplant Parmesan I've ever had. Great sangria and wine select also! Hands down best italian in Asheville! Excellent service and atmosphere!

• Visited September 2013
Asheville, North Carolina
“Amazing Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have always been impressed by the level of service patrons receive at Vinnie's. I visit a lot of Asheville restaurants and cannot think of another establishment where customers are greeted so warmly each time they walk through the door.

Recently, my husband and I dined here with his parents when they were visiting from out of town. During dinner my mother-in-law gave us a belated anniversary card. When the server stopped by our table later he noticed the card and inquired if we were celebrating a special occasion. When we explained it was for our anniversary he offered us complimentary dessert.

I was truly impressed that this server took the initiative to notice the card and to ask if we were celebrating. Despite the many wonderful restaurants in Asheville, this level of service is often unparalleled.

In my experience, great restaurant service comes from the top down. Servers will reflect the attitudes of management. It is clear that management at Vinnie's puts a strong focus on service and empowers their staff to go above and beyond. If you dine here, I feel confident that your meal will be delicious and you will be treated like family!

• Visited October 2013
St. Marys, Georgia, USA
“Great neighborhood Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by 3 different people at our hotel, so we thought it must be consistantly good. Very freindly greeting when we arrived and the good feelings kept getting better throughout the meal.
First, our server, Sean, was VERY accomodating. One of the guests in our party wanted a brand of soft drink not normally available....and viola! Sean found her a bottle - now that was very unexpected.
He gave us some personal recommendations for entrees and we were not dissappointed.
The Spaghetti with sunday gravy was just like the homemade pasta and "gravy" from the old country.
The meatbals and Sausage were fabulous.
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and the personized service.
Looks like we are going to go back again tomorrow!!

• Visited November 2013
Kingsland, Georgia
“Little Italy in Asheville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

As always, our reviews are (solely) based on our specific tastes & experiences and never meant to persuade/dissuade anyone from patronizing a particular business.
Dress casual and bring your appetite. Referred by several locals, we found Vinnie's to be a very charming "slice of Italy" in the heart of Asheville.
Our server was polite, helpful and attentive to our needs/wants; her suggestions were spot on.
We wetted our appetite with a well-prepared & generous salad then fully enjoyed our selected entrees; my wife had their Lasagna and I chose Spaghetti & Sausages. Each were served hot, well-presented and generously portioned.
Our experiences have often dictated that large doesn't necessarily mean good but Vinnie's did not disappoint here......the sauce, cheeses, spices & meat were of good quality and our meals were just plain delicious.
I'm Italian and have experienced many home-prepared Italian dishes during my lifetime. Even though I'm partial to family recipes past down through the years, I must admit Vinnie's exceeded our expectations on value, taste, quality and portions.
We enjoy visiting the Asheville area and will (undoubtedly) patronize Vinnie's our next trip. Would we recommend Vinnie's to friends/relatives..............absolutely!

• Visited October 2013