“Best Italian in Asheville- Bar None” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #19 of 565 Restaurants in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Formerly the Award Winning Savoy now Vinnie's. Same owner, same attention to details, quality of food and service.
Asheville, North Carolina
“Best Italian in Asheville- Bar None”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Having moved to Asheville almost two years ago, I have never tried Vinnies in North Asheville.
At the suggestion of a frequent patron of Vinnies, we went Friday night.

It started with $5 Great Martinis and orders of Chicken Parm and Pasta Carbonara
Both dishes were incredible and the portions were more than ample.
What was also available was wheat pasta . A real plus

Being from The Bronx,my standards are high and Vinnies went beyond my critical expectations.
Service was friendly and competent

My only complaint was there was no shaker jar of Oregano on the table. Parm Cheese and red pepper flakes was there.

I can not wait to go back
Before Friday, I thought Nona Mia was good
Vinnies hands down is the best Italian in Asheville

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Best Service In Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Best service we've had in a long time in Asheville. Thank you Vinnie's & Christine. The food was incredible (Eggplant Parm & Chicken Piccata). Portion sizes are large. My husband and I can't wait til our next visit, we will be trying a pizza for sure. The pizza's we saw looked so delicious and we will be saving more room our next visit for the Chocolate Cake which we also saw go by our table. YUM!

asheville
“GREAT EATERY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a New York style restaurant in the South. What a find. They also have a great bar. Very friendly staff. Be sure to try the eggplant parmigiana and
the great Italian deserts. They even have milk free pasta. Enjoy. MS

“Awesome Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place is the real deal. Eating there made me feel like I was back home in Queens, NY at my childhood neighborhood Italian Restaurant. The garlic knots were full of fresh garlic and olive oil. The Eggplant Parmigiana was the best I have had in years. We also had the mussels which were fresh and succulent. My daughter ordered a spinach calzone that was so large she now has lunch for a week. The service was first rate by a super friendly staff. They have a great wine list as well. The ambiance is cozy and intimate. We will definitely be going back.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Vinnie's....The Best Calzone Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Vinnie's is my favorite resturant in Asheville! I grew up eating real NY Italian food, and thought I had to leave that behind when I moved to Asheville. Wow, was I happy to find the tasty calzone that filled the entire plate (crazy large), and other yummy treats, at Vinnie's. When you enter the restaurant you feel like you are at home. Everyone greets you with a "hey, how ya doing" at the door, and when you leave, they all chant "thanks so much, come see us again" Not only is the food delicious, but the evening is always filled with great music and conversation, as the owner pulls up a chair to your table and makes you feel like your back home at a real family dinner. I have told many friends and newcomers to check out Vinnie's when they are looking for a homestyle italian experience. Dinner should always include a greek salad, garlic knots, ANY of the many entrees, and of course the tiramisu. (add on a bottle of red for the perfect night) Great for families since you can share many of the large portions. -Karen

• Visited August 2012