“Normally good but slow service & average food this visit” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #291 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Bar, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Romance, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Contemporary American Italian cuisine. Handcrafted soups, salads, pizza, pasta, chicken, seafood, beff and veal dishes. Extensive wine list and gluten-free menu. Patio dining and fire pit. Full service catering and private dining.Every Tuesday, 25% Off all bottled wines. Every Wednesday, 1/2 Off all specialty martinis. Try you are family style dining, our versions of "Italian Comfort Food". Open for lunch and dinner.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Normally good but slow service & average food this visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We go to Travinias about every couple of months and overall the food is good, and the service is as well. Their Buttermilk Garlic salad dressing is dynamite, their Italian Nachos are awesome (but need more sausage on them), and a couple of their chicken dishes are good. On this visit (a Sunday), the crowds were a little bigger and few larger parties seem to put all of the staff into a tailspin. The service was very slow, including refills of drinks, no bread on the table until after the entrées were served, and the meals were very small. We ordered the Chicken Marsala and instead of using chicken breasts, they use the chicken tender, which is actually the part I always throw away because its got that huge vein in it. Needless to say, my chicken marsala had many veins in it and it was like chewing on a rubberband. I don't think I will order that again until they decide to upgrade the dish to chicken breasts. On the bright side, we loved the Italian Nachos.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TraviniaAsheville, Manager at Travinia, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. My sincere apologies for the slow service you received. However, we do hope to serve you in the near future.

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“First And Last Time We Will Eat at Travinia Asheville”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We have wanted to eat at Travinia for quite some time and Saturday night was the night. The experience was not one we will repeat. The hostess never said hello, how many in your party or anything. We told her we were two, she looked down at her seating chart and started to make marks on it but never told us we would be able to get a table. Finally another hostess came up, took two menus and told us to follow her. We sat down and our waiter showed up immediately to take our drink order. We ordered a bottle of wine and asked for a few minutes to peruse the menu. With everything we said, the only comment he had was "of course". We did order and received our small, and I repeat small caesar salads immediately. We barely put out forks down after finishing the salads when our dinners arrived. My husband's seafood cannelloni was steaming hot including the bowl. My scampi was barely warm. When I called over a member of the waitstaff she assured me my dinner would "be reheated in a skillet". Never apologized or said anything. When it returned, much hotter, there was no silverware. I then had to call over our waiter for silverware and he responded, "of course". No one ever came by to see if our dinners were okay, if we needed anything else, nothing. Again, no apology for the warm dinner. Our waiter kept lurking to see if we were finished so he could whisk away our dishes. This was at 5:30 PM and I realize it was a Saturday night and they wanted to turn over the tables but we had not yet finished our wine. He brought over the dessert menu but by that time, we were disgusted. We are not strangers to restaurants. We eat out on average of 10 times per month, every month. This experience was like a food factory, get you in, put down the plates, get you out. Our waiter never thanked us and certainly when we left the hostess could have cared less. A really cold experience. The bill for 2 of us was $90. I can't remember when I have been treated this way and especially in Asheville where service is so welcoming. We will never ever go there again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
TraviniaAsheville, Manager at Travinia, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with constructive feedback. Allow me to apologize for the dining experience you received on Saturday. I will personally follow up with my team to ensure that this does not happen in the future. Once again, I appreciate your feedback. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, feel free to contact me at Travinia at Biltmore Park.
Kind Regards,
Terri
Flat Rock, North Carolina
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

5 of us ate here and all ordered something different. My husband had the veal scaloppine and I had the eggplant Parmesan. We shared a Cesar salad. Everything was delicious. Friends had soup, shrimp scampi and a different salad. excellent comments. Bread was also good. Excellent service...pleasant atmosphere. I liked that they offered two sizes, as we tend to eat smaller portions.

Visited November 2013
Sapphire, North Carolina
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went to the movies and decided to have dinner on the way out. We had never been to this restaurant before. It was a most pleasant experience from the time we walked in the door until we left. Great atmosphere, delicious food and a very good waiter. We ate the Seafood Cannelloni and the Pasta Mia Nona. Large portions. One could easily be split with a salad added. We will be going back. Tuesdays are the best since wine is 25% off on a bottle.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Really enjoyed my meal here. Staff were really friendly and very knowledgable of the food. Atmosphere is really nice - definitely worth going to again and definitely recommended.

• Visited October 2013