“Wonderful Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #47 of 100 Activities in Asheville
More attraction details
Owner description: Three separate 90-minute ghost tours cover different aspects of historical, haunted Asheville. The exclusive interactive downtown tour features use of ghost-hunting equipment. Historical Montford’s architectural beauty and stunning landscapes serve as backdrop for hunting ghostly specters. Riverside Cemetery beckons to those who dare enter and commingle with the ghosts of eras past.
Lehighton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I took this tour and it was so fun! The tour guide, Deb was exceptionally knowledgeable about the area, homes and people that lived there now and earlier in time. We did not catch to much action but a girl on our group did catch some things on her camera but just listening to the history was very interesting. The houses themselves are something to look at. I would highly recommend this tour!

Visited October 2011

Las Vegas, Nevada
14 attraction reviews
“Very cool. Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

What made this tour stand out from the dozen or so other ghost tours we have enjoyed is that our guide Todd was not only an expert in his local history and architecture but he brought along equipment for us to use to "ghost hunt" ourselves. It was so much fun to see the instruments reacting while they were in your own hands!! Great stories and facts, beautiful city, and personable guide. Very worthwhile.

Asheville, North Carolina
14 attraction reviews
“Not Scary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I was expecting to get the bajesus scared out of me, but it was more of a histoical trip about people who had died in buildings in AVL. It was ok though, I learned a lot.

Orlando, Florida
“Great Tour and Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

We brought our dog Argyle with us! Had a great time exploring the paranormal and historical Asheville with our guide Debbie. Great way to see a different side of downtown. Would recommend to anyone.

Visited November 2011
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
“Very Fun and Historical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

We went on the ghost tour with Lynette in downtown Asheville on October 29th. Our newly-at-the-time-turned five year old son has been fascinated with ghost hunting and watching relevant shows on TV and we thought it would be a fun thing to do.

I am respectfully skeptical of the entire matter but I enjoy opening my mind to the belief, as my goal is to actually encounter the paranormal as an adult. I've seen interesting things in my young life that could be explained away. However, I think it is quite important to remember the historical value of these sorts of tours. I learned more about Asheville in one hour with Lynette -the interesting, mysterious Asheville- than I'd learned from other sources to the present. That being said, this tour was a boon even if you don't believe in the paranormal at all and simply are into a bit of "haunted history."

I think another point for people to notice is that this is really a ghost tour, not a full fledged ghost hunt, as the time necessary to run a full hunt is not available. Our son enjoyed the visual aids of the EMF and dowsing rods, but it is very understandable why we couldn't spend a lot of time in any area doing any real "hunting."

However, I did get an interesting picture on the tour, not involving orbs, but an interesting shape, and it's enough to look at and go.. wow... look at that. It's not as cool as the pics from the other tours Lynette shared, but it's definitely a conversation piece.

All in all, excellent tour. Just as good as the one I'd been on in New Orleans. If i'm in Asheville again I'll definitely think about doing one of the other tours if available.

Visited October 2011