“OMG, I would sell my grandmother for the 'Crispy Quail'” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Posana Cafe

Posana Cafe
1 Biltmore Ave, Asheville, NC 28801 (Formerly Posana) (Downtown Asheville)
828-505-3969
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Posana Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Continental, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Cross street: Patton
Description: Educated at the Culinary Institute of America, Exec Chef/owner Peter Pollay brings years of restaurant experience to one of Asheville's most beautiful corners. All of Posana Cafe's dishes, desserts and pastries are prepared from scratch featuring premium ingredients. Enjoy lunch, dinner or weekend brunch on the spacious patio, or looking out onto Historic Pack Square from the dining room, lounge or bar. Posana Cafe utilizes local farmers and purveyors and chooses to serve only hormone/antibiotic-free meats and eggs. Posana's pastry chef & culinary team are constantly evolving the menu to reflect seasonal and local specialties in addition to offering the region's largest selection of gluten-free cuisine. The bars expansive menu features house-made flavored syrups, mixers, infused liquors & freshly squeezed juices providing an exemplary drink experience when ordering a custom soda, espresso drink or cocktail. Celiac Friendly: Gluten free menu available.
Charlottesville, Virginia
“OMG, I would sell my grandmother for the 'Crispy Quail'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

...good thing she is deceased (the grandmother).
Amazing food! and all wonderfully GLUTEN FREE (though oddly they seem to keep this a sort of secret, nothing on their sign or menu alludes to this happy gluten-free kitchen state of being, you just have to know I guess though the waiters confirmed what we had heard)

It was actually a little weird to be able to order ANYTHING off the menu, a good weird though it spoiled we for other places. Some dishes tastier than others (we ate there 3 or 4 times in a week while visiting Asheville). I liked the chinese elixirs and the healthy kid's menu. Nice atmosphere, just the right combo of posh and comfy. Great people-watching from the windows. Wish we did not live a seven hour drive away!

• Visited April 2011

sc
“Organic, Healthy, Local, Green, Gluten Free and Great Gourmet Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We discovered this place on the food tour and went back for dinner twice after, plus breakfast once. There were four of us so we tried eight different dishes. The dishes that were done well were fabulous. Others were nothing special. I need to keep notes from the reviews and our trips there so we only order the best dishes. Even our gluten free person found great tasty choices. In a city of great restaurants, this one definitely makes my top five. We were disappointed with breakfast, not finding the dishes as well done as lunch and dinner.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Memorable meal--loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We went to this restaurant on a Saturday night during Belle Chere and could not have had a better experience. The main attraction is the food. I never ate anything as wonderful as their local kale salad, and the gazpacho--it had a delightful dollop of sorbet in it! Perfection. My dining companions were equally impressed. The servers were great.

Atlanta, GA
“A feast for mind, body, and spirit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Mama and I were treated like queens during the entire meal at Posana Cafe. We explored their beautiful menu from start to finish and delighted in seeing the names of actual local farms from which their delicious fare comes. It was evident that we were in a restaurant dedicated to its community and equally dedicated to responsible, sustainable practices; even their literature that we picked up to review was made from recycled, post-consumer waste, chlorine-free paper.

Even though we only experienced dinner, Posana Cafe is also open for breakfast and lunch, and I imagine that ANY food made in this glorious restaurant is nothing short of fantastic. My mama and I left feeling filled with good, REAL, natural food, and absolutely satisfied in mind, body, and spirit. Thank you, Posana Café, for an unforgettable experience; we WILL see you again…the sooner, the better.

Asheville, NC
“The quality and freshness of our meal reminded us of Las Vegas restaurants by celebrity chefs.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Standouts in taste were the cheese plate with cheeses from the local Looking Glass Creamery. My ricotta gnocchi was well seasoned with sun-dried tomatoes and a delicious sauce. My husband roasted chicken was succulent and melt-in-your-mouth tender.
The trio of ice cream sandwiches rounded out our dinner in this lovely place.