“FANTASTIC Stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 59 hotels in Asheville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“FANTASTIC Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed the weekend and have nothing but awesome things to report. The staff was more than courteous when we checked in. Location of elevators, vending, etc. was all pointed out upon arrival, the hotel was perfectly clean and tidy, our room had a beautiful view of the mountains, we had a large bathroom, TONS of closet space, a mini fridge, microwave, HUGE sitting area, and two flat screen TVs - one in the bedroom, one in the sitting room. The bed was comfortable and the temperature in the room was easily controlled with a digital thermostat. Breakfast was served until 10:30 so we felt no pressure to wake up early or rush to the hot eggs and waffles that awaited us. The staff even called us to make sure everything was to our liking once we checked in. I HIGHLY recommend staying with this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here the beginning of May. The hotel had recently been renovated, and the rooms were quite nice. I especially liked the bathroom with its excellent lighting. The room also had a fridge and microwave and blackout curtains on the windows. The room rate included a full breakfast buffet with eggs, bacon, and sausage, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit, cereal, waffles, muffins, sweet rolls - a great variety, all of which could be eaten in a pleasant breakfast room. The hotel also had fresh-baked cookies and coffee available all day. I was especially impressed by the helpful, friendly staff, both at the desk and in the breakfast room. The hotel is just 15 minutes from the airport and 6 to 8 minutes from downtown Asheville. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our room was sparkling clean as was the bathroom, and the beds were comfortable. The morning breakfast was outstanding, eggs, bacon, waffles as well as the usual sweets. Only downside was the general commercial and not scenic area. The price was terrific!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Daniels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the New Years weekend and again this past weekend and it was a very pleasurable experience. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, pleasant breakfast.....just disappointed that the hot tub was not available after a long day at the Biltmore. Easily accessible to downtown and the Biltmore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Lexington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I opted to stay here for an anniversary trip based on the price I found and the location. It was a decent place, average hotel where nothing really stood out. We opted for a room on the fourth floor but after waiting on the slowest elevator ever, we began to regret that decision. Not only is it terribly slow, it's also very loud (it chimes on every floor whether it stops or not) and we could hear it throughout the night. The walls are paper thin so I was woken up many times throughout the night by voices in the hallway. The pillows were incredibly comfortable but the bed wasn't. The bathroom was clean and updated but they need to invest in some new, plush, not scratchy towels. You basically had to pat yourself dry or rub skin off. The bathroom vent is on a motion sensor and would randomly come on when no one was in the bathroom, rattling noisily. And the thermostat was hard to regulate. We were either burning up or freezing cold.

Breakfast was again, average. The biscuits were rock hard, the gravy was a thick glop. They could benefit by putting glasses by the cereal bar where the milk is located. And also making sure the plates are dry before putting them out for guests.

The hotel was located right off I-40 so it was easy to get downtown in no time. When we return to Asheville, I doubt we'd stay here again though.

Room Tip: Fourth floor, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have to say the rooms were nice but the man who claimed it was "His hotel" took offense when I complained about several guests who were cooking LARGE meals in their rooms and the smell was over powering. He said, "I know what goes on in my hotel. Do you have the right to cook in your room?" Instead of addressing the problem he was very condescending and smart aleck. So unless you like sumo wresting above you and pungent ethnic food polluting your room and a smart aleck man who says, "I built this hotel, I know what is going on"with a big fake smile, then you may want to try a different one. I liked this room. I stayed here for 3 weeks, but he indicated to me he'd like me to leave tomorrow. I think I will. I do not recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Room 107 has a Jacuzzi but the water comes out rusty and nasty and the filter were jammed with unmen...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
n ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We arrived at his hotel in July 2012. There is ample free car parking. As soon as you arrive at the entrance it is obvious that this hotel has been recently constructed - this is supported when you go inside as the decoration is very fresh and new. Check in was quick and uneventful - the receptionist answered our questions on the local area (additional information was not volunteered) but unfortunately they had run out of local maps. The rooms are also very clean and have every thing you would expect from Country Inns. We had a high level room at the rear of the hotel and the view was nondescript. The hotel is around 5 miles from the centre of Asheville, but there are a few restaurants close to the hotel. Breakfast was the normal Country inns fare and was well stocked and very clean. We would love to return to Asheville and would consider staying again at this hotel providing the rate remains cheaper than the other comparable hotels? Otherwise we would look for a hotel closer to the city centre.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Asheville West? Share your experiences!