“Comfy place in Asheville” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
“Comfy place in Asheville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had originally wanted to try a Bed and Breakfast but it seems they all wanted a two night minimum. Upon reading reviews here, we decided on the Country Inn and Suites on a very brief visit to Asheville to do a Candlelight Tour at The Biltmore Estate. Due to our trip being delayed initially, our plan to check in around 4pm changed. We had to go straight to the Biltmore House in order to make our 10:30pm tour time so it was nearly 1am by the time we checked in. The gal at the front desk was very nice and quickly got us our keys.so we could get to our room after a very long day. It was freezing and blowing snow outside so it was great to step into a warm, inviting lobby. Our room was super clean and lovely. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was great. There was oatmeal with assorted toppings (my fav) as well as yummy biscuits and gravy, eggs, and of course make your own waffles. I enjoyed the brief stay very much and highly recommend this hotel. As always, my fellow trip adviser reviewers were spot on!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent 2 night stay at this inn. Friendly front desk staff checking in. The room was very clean! Enjoyed the hot free breakfast every morning, plus the woman working the breakfast kept everything full and clean, and she was also friendly. I always got some coffee and a few cookies at the front lobby before retiring to our room for the night. Excellent hotel to stay at, if visiting the Biltmore Estate! Thanks to all the staff for making our stay wonderful!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Staff was excellent, room was immaculate, and the location was easy to find. I couldn't have been happier about this hotel. It will be my go to place anytime I return to Asheville. Will tell my friends about this place.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were very happy with the room. The maids were more than generous with the towels ect. The lady that ran the Morning Breakfast was friendly and Very Helpful. The area was kept very clean and I thought the food looked and tasted great. Yes it was kinda the same thing everyday… but I think you kinda expect that. There was plenty of parking. The free coffee and cookies in the lobby was kept well stocked. There are many restaurants right around the hotel. A grocery store is about a block away. The hotel was very convenient to the Biltmore Estate… we were there in no time. As long as you got a car this is a great place. If you don’t have a car it may be better to pick a place within walking distance of a mall or shopping area. But if you have a Car and intend to go to the Biltmore this place is PERFECT.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel is a great choice for those visiting the Biltmore Estate due to its close proximity to the property. The hot breakfast was impressive and the complimentary red and white wines and cookies was a great touch that made you feel at home.

Dania Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The price was so cheap, but it was number 2 on the list in Asheville. Driving there for new year I was worried that I made a mistake, and it would be horrible. It was nothing but fabulous. Super clean, Super nice, Staff were amazing. I needed information about different things and they made phone calls, wrote notes and were just wonderful. Location was perfect, 14 minutes from downtown, 14 to Baltimore, 14 to our great new year party in montford. coffee and wine all around ... my girl loved the cookies. warm recommendations.

Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Upon arrival, I could see why this hotel had so many positive reviews. Good location convenient to I-40 and some restaurants (although you might miss it if you don't get directions since it is not particularly visible from the highway) It is very nicely appointed and clean - looks brand new and upscale. We were in room 410 which is a 1 bedroom suite.

The negatives for me - our room faced a two-lane road and traffic noise could be heard. It wasn't like being on the interstate, but every car that went by could be heard. You could probably request a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid this.

Worse than that, the walls are paper thin. I wasn't too concerned when I heard a baby crying since that is really pretty loud, but when you can hear a cough, or a kids voice, or the neighbors having sex, then I feel that one of my basic expectations for quiet is not being met. My 20-year-old son was sleeping on the pullout in the living area and even he could hear the "fun times." This hotel is only three years old, and I can't believe they would not do a better job of soundproofing.

A minor complaint - the breakfast area was very small and crowded.

We stayed at the Country Inns & Suites at Biltmore Square and I think it is much better than this one. It is probably 5 minutes away and is also located close to the interstate (I-26) and many more restaurants. It has a larger lobby and breakfast area, and it is likewise clean and new-looking with upscale appointments.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside to avoid traffic noise.