“Unwritten policy is unabashedly enforced” 1 of 5 stars

BED & BREAKFAST
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Baltimore, MD
“Unwritten policy is unabashedly enforced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I arrived back to my room late one evening to find that the key card did not work. When I went to get a replacement key I was told that the maid found no personal items in the room, so the front desk was notified to "check me out" without notification or apology. They claimed that this was to save me the cost of paying for a room I wasn't going to use. Excuse me!? I am of the impression that the reservation is, in fact a contract. The unread newspapers which I had left were discarded and I was not compensated for them or for the inconvenience.

Room Tip: I will not stay here again and I suggest if you do that you get a clear understanding of what will a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
stantur, General Manager at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
We apologize for the misunderstanding. We thought you had checked out prior to your original departure date. It was helpful speaking to you personally to gain a better understanding of how we should correct in the future. We enjoyed having your business for additional nights after the issue was resolved. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Just back from a 4 night stay in Asheville, this Hilton is very comfortable and very new.The rooms are a good size without being massive. Biltmore Park is only a short distance away from Asheville and the mountains. The whole area is only recently built and everything is to hand. The square has a very nice feel to it and is very safe, we ate at the Italian restaurant opposite the hotel entrance, great food with service to match and not at all expensive by British standards. My wife is a very light sleeper and said that these were the best hotels beds that she has ever slept in. I thoroughly recommend this hotel for a short stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Our room at the Hilton was very clean and new looking but on the small side. Comfortable bed and quiet room. Great location with restaurants nearby and easy access to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

I just got back yesterday from a weekend girls' trip to Asheville, and we stayed at Hilton Biltmore park for 3 nights. All 4 of us were extremely pleased with the hotel. The area in which it's located has several restaurants and specialty shops. We enjoyed being able to come back to the hotel and rest for a few minutes and then just walk to a great restaurant. Before we checked in, I did not realize that the hotel was actually a 12-15 minute drive from downtown, but it really didn't matter because once we got there, we just loved the location.

The room had 2 very comfortable queen beds and a good-size, well-appointed bathroom. I was very impressed by the fact that they have Peter Thomas Roth toiletries in the bathroom.

The lobby is nice and modern. There is a small, comfortable bar in the lobby with 4 local beers on tap, in addition to liquors and wines. On Friday evening, they had complimentary hot appetizers in the lobby for happy hour. There is a little alcove next to the check-in with complimentary Keurig coffees, and also small snacks and necessaries available for low prices. We did not eat at the hotel, so I can't review the food.

We had spa treatments while there, and we were all very pleased with everything. We didn't use the indoor pool, but it looked nice. Parking is free and in a garage directly next to the hotel.

Every staff member we encountered was pleasant and accommodating, which just enhanced our experience. We all agreed that we would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

This trip was our first to Asheville, to visit the Biltmore and after browsing the different Packages offered,I selected the Hilton as I has recently become Hilton honors member. From check-in to check-out, everything was excellent!! The breakfast buffet each morning were a dazzling treat. The room was spacious, the beds comfortable and the experience was excellent.....But what stood out most was the extraordinarily friendly staff....There wasn't a single employee, from Monica at the desk to the guy cleaning the whirlpool, who didn't greet me with a smile, a kind word and charming demeanor. That alone makes this one of the best stays of my life!! Thumbs up guys!!

• Stayed October 2011
lcoop3980, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park! We strive to make every guest have the best experience at our hotel and we thrilled we made your stay a memorable one! Thank you for choosing us when visiting Asheville and we hope to host you again soon!
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Great location you are close to everything great staff, and great food. This is the first place that I look for a room when I am in Asheville, NC

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Sumter, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My wife and recently sent 2 nights at this hotel, it was one of the best stays I have ever had. We chose the 1 bedroom jacuzzi suite, a little more expensive, but worth the price. The living area had a sofa, 2 chairs, a desk, and a wet bar with a fridge. It also contained a ½ bath, which delighted my wife. Furnishings were very comfortable. The bedroom had a King bed and a closet, not overly large but not small either. Both rooms had flat screen TV's. The crowning piece of the puzzle was the bathroom - a stand alone shower and the coolest jacuzzi I have ever seen. The tub had a disappearing edge, the water simply went over the side and was pumped back in. It was like heaven since you could get all the way down into the water. The jets were water jets, and quite low, so it wasn't much of a massage feature. It was also big enough for 2. The surrounding area had shops, restaurants and a 15 screen theater. We ate at Travinia which was excellent and a hand made Pasta place that was very good, and used fresh local foods. The menu was changing the next week, to what I don't know. We traveled to the Biltmore Village area, which was quite nice, for lunch the next day

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Asheville Biltmore Park? Share your experiences!