“very cool!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Nesbit, Mississippi
“very cool!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

we got a room on the eighth floor with a great view of downtown and the mountains in the background. the decor is eclectic and pretty, with lots of color. the have recycle bins for paper as well as cans and bottles. i was waiting for the elevator on the 9th floor, and when the door opened, a dog walked off! (on a leash, followed by some humans, but yayayay!) overall, it seems like a great place to stay.

Green Features: i was pleased to see recycle options near the vending area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for sharing such delightful feedback with us! We are so thrilled you enjoyed our eco-friendly efforts and alluring decor. We hope to see you back in Asheville, soon!

887 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We went to Asheville to attend the fabulous bi-annual juried art show at the civic center, now called the Verizon Center. We wanted to stay downtown near the center, and Hotel Indigo was perfect! We arrived two hours before check-in time but they cheerfully valet-parked our car and off we walked to the art show about three minutes away. We returned several hours later, had an easy check-in with a lovely young lady named Sarah, who even offered suggestions for restaurants within an easy and same walk of the hotel.(We went to the Indian restaurant and it was quick and yummy!) When we got to our beautiful and immaculately clean corner room we were amazed by the corner panoramic mountain view! The king sized bed with the panoramic view was comfy, the AC/heat wall control was easy to use. and the walk-in shower was HUGE!! The lovely corner room (#600) had no hallway noise or adjacent room noise at all, just some highway noise from the road below. Ear plugs took care of the noise while sleeping, but we will probably request a higher-floor room when we return to the very friendly and centrally-located downtown hotel!

Room Tip: Request a "Mountain View" room!!! Consider asking for a room on the 9th floor or above!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing such fabulous feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed Sarah's exceptional customer service and the stunning views from our rooms. We hope to see you at the next craft fair!

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have stayed here the last 3 biz trips to Asheville...location is amazing, (short) walking distance to all that downtown has to offer. Property is new & modern, tho it does border the beltway which could be bothersome to some folks- I never really even notice. Rooms are very spacious & always clean, staff is always very helpful. I am a H Inn rewards member, so they always honor my request of a high floor with a view, which is super cool of them.

A few small (sloppy) details which are worth mentioning: The bathroom water pressure is horrid. They showers are huge spaces w/ glass & tile, but you have to stand there forever hoping to get wet. Wanna take a shower w/ your honey for some fun? Don't even try, it will be a buzz kill. The sink pressure is low enough that it;s hard to rinse your razor. THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY...when you pay $200+ for a room & it's cold outside, you just want a proper hot shower. I think they have it dialed wayyy back in the interest of conservation? Even if this is the case, I live in the most Eco-conscious city & the USA (Portland) & not a single hotel I've stayed at has this issue. Food: On my last trip I stopped down at the cafe to grab food (for the 1st time ever), I got a yogurt parfait to go. On the way to my meeting I went to eat it & discovered that it was very old...the berries were molded & the granola had been swimming in the yogurt & was greasy/soggy. I couldn't find a date on the package, but it certainly weeks old to be molded like that. The most basic dish ever ended up being one of he worst I've ever had- I won't be exploring any more food here if I return.

In the end, many highs to speak of, but many nagging details as well. If they could tighen up a bit this could be a stellar place. Will likely give another hotel a try on my next trip & see how it goes.

Room Tip: high floor w/ mtn view
Green Features: The hotel's water conservation efforts get in the way of its customer satisfaction goals...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. While I'm glad that you typically enjoy the service we provide, I am disappointed to hear about your most recent experience. Our showers are conservative on water, I will address your concerns with our Engineering Director to see if the water pressure can be increased. Your feedback is an invaluable tool for us in uncovering the areas where we need to improve. Don't hesitate to connect with me directly if I can help plan your next stay with us.

jbratcher@hlihotels.com
Claremont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

The staff at the Indigo are superb. EVERYONE is friendly and responsive. Front desk staff were great as were restaurant staff. EXCELLENT!!! The rooms on the highway side of the building are very loud with traffic noise. They provided us with a "White Noise" machine that says something about the problem. A hotel only a few years old shouldn't have this problem. Also, the water pressure in the shower is very very low which again is an issue that shouldn't occur in new building.
I would highly praise the staff for their efforts and demeanor...all of them.

Room Tip: Only take a room on the city side of the hotel, unless you are a very heavy sleeper.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We do have an exceptional team, and I am happy to hear that they treated you so well during your visit. I am sorry to hear that the highway noise disturbed your sleep, I hope the white noise machine eased some of your distress. In the future, let us know your preference regarding room position, and we would be delighted to accommodate you.

Warmest Regards,

Wellington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We love Asheville, had stayed at the Biltmore Estates - which is more of a resort. This time, we were only going to be in Asheville one night. Tried to make reservations @ The Grove - but didn't want to be locked into anything in case our plans changed. Thought I would give the Indigo a shot ... pleasantly surprised. Great location - walking distance to great shops - restaurants. Right off the highway.

Accommodating staff - large rooms - everything about it was top notch. Would go back in a heartbeat!

Green Features: Love that they had water bottles in the room - next to ice machine - they had filtered water machines.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind words! We are delighted to offer excellent service and immaculate rooms. We look forward to your next visit.

Warm Wishes,

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, to visit Asheville and area, Asheville is a great town with a lot to offer and this hotel was clean and comfortable, staff were very attentive and extremely friendly and helpful. Our room offered great views of the " Smokys" also.
Hotels proximity to freeway is both a benefit and downside however, would definitely stay there again as long as the room was on the opposite side to the freeway

Room Tip: If you are booking here ask for a room on the opposite side to the freeway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time share this kind review with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. Please let us know if you have any more feedback to share with us!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was traveling with a friend through the mountain of North Carolina, when she decided to keep traveling north and I needed to start making my way back towards Atlanta. I've always loved Asheville, so I wanted to spend one extra day/night there before going home. I ended up booking this hotel the morning of my arrival in Asheville, and I wasn't sure what to expect. However, from the moment I arrived at the hotel, I was very happy with my decision. The hotel itself is beautiful, well maintained and conveniently located. It was extremely easy to find off the highway, and then it offers its patrons free parking. Given it is located downtown, this was extremely convenient, as everything you need is in walking distance and eliminates the need to figure out parking in the town. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I approached them for recommendations and questions, and they were happy to provide whatever information and assistance they could. The amenities in the rooms and the hotel in general were quite great as well -- I stayed in a King room, and the room was spacious and gorgeous! I was concerned for a moment that the room I was given was directly across from the elevators, but based on how the room was designed it was a non-issue. The bed was comfortable, the room came with temperature control, yummy coffee and tea, and a lovely bathroom which was complete with Aveda bath and body products. Overall, I was very happy with my stay, and I would definitely stay there again should I come to Asheville again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo for your last-minute getaway! We are overjoyed to see how much you enjoyed your superior customer service and modern amenities. We certainly hope to see you back in Asheville soon!

Warmest Regards,

Guest Service Manager

Been to Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!