“Don't bother with a penthouse Suite” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #15 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
flowery branch
“Don't bother with a penthouse Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great hotel, everything is just perfect, but please save your $ and forget about the Penthouse King Suites, they are smaller than regular rooms, have a pathetic view, have no feng-shui at all, very much an after thought.
The Penthouse with balconys with the west view would be the only ones to consider, otherwise save your $ and spend them with the local merchants, who need them.
Very disappointed with our experience. Our last visit to Indigo before we become residents of Asheville.

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room a lower floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am so sorry you did not enjoy the luxury of our new penthouse suites. Perhaps we can find alternate accommodations for you should you ever need a "staycation" during your residence in Asheville. Welcome to Asheville! We hope you enjoy living in "the Land of the Sky!"

Warm Regards,

Guest Service Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel in downtown Asheville. Close to lots of restaurants and shops. Room was nice and well decorated. Front desk was very friendly and so were the valet guys. I didn't get a chance to check out the restaurant in the hotel hut it looked nice. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. We so look forward to your next visit!

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed at the Indigo for two nights. On the positive side, the location is outstanding, a couple block walk to the start of the downtown area. Nice little restaurant downstairs and a good amount of underground parking. Room was a bit small, no carpeting, so the floor is a little cold. Kind of a funky vibe, which is common with Indigos.

Now the bad news, we got to Asheville fairly early and parked in the hotels underground parking lot. We were told we would be contacted when our room was ready so we headed downtown. "0fficial" check on was at 3:00 and were given all indications that the hotel was not at all full and we could get in prior to that. We were not contacted and when we got to the hotel at 2:58 we were told that none of the rooms on our floor were ready. When I told the person at the front desk that we were originally told that we could get in early and now we would not be getting into our room anytime soon, she said "we'll, it's not 3:00 yet". IT WAS 2:59 BY NOW. We finally got into our room about 20 minutes later and there were still a number of pissed off people in the lobby waiting for there rooms.

The next day we got back from Biltmore at about 4:00 and our room wasn't cleaned. They finally came about 5:15 to clean it.

So of you like a good location, funky vibe and very bad service, this is the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
I want you to know how much we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear you appreciated the location and decor of our gorgeous hotel in downtown Asheville. However, excellent service is our main priority. I apologize that you did not experience the world-class service we strive to provide. I would be honored to speak with you to personally address your concerns.

jbratcher@hlihotels.com
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I love this hotel. After spending three nights at a different hotel in downtown Asheville, I stayed 2 nights at the Hotel Indigo. The corner room offered a great view of the mountains. It was large, clean, comfortable and designed in a fun manner. The bathroom was unique with just a shower...a very very large shower.
The staff was friendly and helpful from the parking attendant to the front desk to the restaurant staff. Parking was convenient and easy.
I ate breakfast at the hotel twice. I simply had two eggs over easy with turkey sausage...cooked perfectly and delicious. They also had the best coffee.
I booked my stay through Priceline and don't believe I was treated differently from any other customer. This will be my hotel of choice when I return to Asheville.

Green Features: The hotel is eco-friendly but I cannot speak to any specifics.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your compliments of our dedicated team and kind comments about our wonderful hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. we hope to see you again in Asheville soon!

Jensen Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hotel is located 50 feet from the interstate exit. A 1 1/2 block walk from the heart of downtown restaurants and shoppes. Anything downtown is less than a 10 minute walk. All Vanderbilt sights are an easy few minutes by car. The hotel is modern and chic. A perfect boutique hotel. We booked this hotel blind on Priceline and could not have been more impressed with the hotel and it's staff.

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Indigo Concierge team is outstanding. I recommended that a dear friend of mine stay - and then called Guest Service Manager, Jamie Brachter to coordinate a special welcome surprise upon his arrival. Not only was his room prepared with balloons and chocolates, but he was upgraded to a corner suite with an incredible view. THIS is customer service. THANK YOU! As an executive accustomed to the same old business travel scene, he was blown away. I have no doubt he'll choose Indigo again. I know I will.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Tequesta, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Made my normal business Priceline reservation and called the hotel right after I made the reservation to ask for 2 twin beds. Wow. You would have thought that I was asking for a free room or my last name was Zimmerman. These snotty people said because I had booked through Priceline they would't guarantee me anything! Not even a roll-away.

Too bad for me. Low rent businessman stupid enough to book through Priceline. In all my years of booking through Priceline I have never been treated like this from a hotel. Asheville snobs. I only come from Palm Beach.

You have been warned. Stay somewhere else where they care. Three different Priceline agents tried to get the hotel to make an accommodation. No way! Now that's customer service for you. Can't wait to stay there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!