“Contemporary, Convenient” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Contemporary, Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel Indigo is an excellent choice if downtown Asheville is your target. A European contemporary decor distinguishes the space as well as the rooms, as do exceptional views of the valley, city and mountains. With free parking and a location next to one of the city's arteries, access is easy. Walking a block or so lead to downtown restaurants, shops, and entertainment. Staff proved attentive, the room comfortable, and service good. Think the spare and sleek style of a Swedish contemporary hotel and you won't be disappointed. Prices vary with season and day of the week making the hotel a great buy for mid-week stays and approaching pricey for weekends and high-season. That said, compared to other downtown locations, it should be near the top of the list.

Room Tip: corner rooms provide great perspectives on the city and surroundings
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for this thorough review of our wonderful hotel in downtown Asheville. Our team happily provides local insights on all the great things there are to do in Asheville. We appreciate your kind words!

Jamie Bratcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

My family of 4 stayed here in a great corner room. Plenty of space even after staying in the "presidential suite on our last hotel in Atlanta"
Fast room service, love the location, was expecting an upgraded holiday inn, but it actually is not bad at all"
Only negative was the awful water pressure in the big beautiful shower"

• Stayed July 2013
Fort Mill, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

A bit pricey for a hotel room but the location and the services offered (valet parking, bar with food service in lobby) along with the clean room really made it worth it. Just outside the main tourist downtown area, we were able to walk 3 blocks and be at the stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over 240, that way you are looking at all the trees and the mountains.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wallace, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel Indigo for two nights last week. Conveniently located off I240, this is a combination boutique hotel/apt building. Nice rooms w/ hardwood floors, great bed and good shower. Serves lemonade or ice tea in the afternoon w/ complimentary brownies. Elevators are small, and somewhat slow. Lobby bar is nice, but for $8+ a drink get rid of that measured shot. If you must drink the daily specials ie $2.50 Mimosa are a much better option. Also, probably should skip the valet parking ($15), as the self parking is very convenient. All in all a good hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room, we were on the 2nd floor looking at the parking lot, higher rooms probably...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Though average review - it is not a reflection of the beauty of the hotel and amenities, but the management. For such a nice hotel, with lovely rooms and views, I found the management to be not at the same calibre. I requested a one night extension at the same rate, and was told to speak with the manager, Sherry (sp?), the following day. When I went down to speak with her the next morning, I was given a message by a staff person that to extend my stay by a night would be at a significantly higher rate. I was not given the common courtesy of speaking directly to a manager (found that very odd considering she was there in the hotel and on duty). I understand it being a holiday season, but it was particularly rainy the whole week and the room was available for another night, and my take is that "true and outstanding customer service" is about making your customers happy. So, I give this hotel a modest rating not for its accommodations but it needs to improve its customer service by its managers to be considered a top notch hotel in Asheville. The hotel could have earned a loyal customer during our first stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. As a collective team, our priority is excellent customer service. It is helpful to know when we may not be providing the "wow" effect we so desire, even as a management team. You, as our guest, are our best resource for knowing when and how to improve.
If you feel so inclined, do connect with me directly the next time you chose to visit the lovely city of Asheville. I would be honored for another opportunity to provide you with our famous southern hospitality.

jbratcher@hlihotels.com
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed at the Indigo last year and thought the hotel was great. My thoughts have since changed after my last stay.
First off, the hotel staff were great, I have no complaints. We decided on this stay to spend a couple extra dollars and stay in an executive suite. The room was just plain awful for price. It basically looked and felt like a private hospital room and for two people it was very cramped.
The absolute worst thing about the stay was the noise from adjoining rooms. Granted we were surrounded by party animals, but even when they toned it down after a call to the front desk we could still hear every little noise that they made. The walls are thin and most of the noise travels through the hvac vents, a serious flaw in the design of this hotel.
The hotel did reimburse us for one night and that was nice of them. I am, however, not happy with the fact that I was charged $15.00 a day for valet service that I didn't use. My vehicle was parked for me when I arrived because I basically had no choice, I was blocked in.
I didn't notice this charge until I got home. Considering we got a free night they can keep their $45.00.

Room Tip: Executive suites are not worth the extra money. They are not as nice as standard rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I appreciate that you took the time to write us some feedback. I am so sorry that your perception of our hotel deteriorated so drastically. Our team is our most valuable asset, and I am pleased that you experienced their excellent service. We are currently undergoing renovations in our beautiful penthouse suites to alleviate any discomfort with noise. If there is anything at all we can do to alleviate the stress of your trip, please contact me at jbratcher@hlihotels.com.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

By staying downtown, we were able to park the car and walk everywhere. Restaurants, shops & points of interest all within a 5 block radius. This was great since Asheville is congested.
The staff could not have been more accommodating. Great food in the café.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!