“great location” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

By staying downtown, we were able to park the car and walk everywhere. Restaurants, shops & points of interest all within a 5 block radius. This was great since Asheville is congested.
The staff could not have been more accommodating. Great food in the café.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Easley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I had tickets for a sunrise hot air balloon ride. We were scheduled to meet the shuttle at 6:20AM at a downtown parking garage. I went to my favorite travel site, Trip Advisor, to find a downtown hotel and decided on Hotel Indigo. Our balloon ride was cancelled due to predicted high winds but we still enjoyed our stay in Asheville. Our reservation was for a corner room with a view of the city, mountains, and a king bed. We were taken to a room by the interstate, very noisy, with a double or queen bed. We went down to the desk and were reassigned . Our next room was a large corner room with lots of windows and a king bed. I had requested a fridge for my husband's meds but none available. I don't know if other rooms have tubs, this one didn't. Personally I prefer a bath. Hotel has very limited parking for check in/check out The hotel is within walking distance of shopping, restaurants, and public parking. We plan to stay at Hotel Indigo when we reschedule the balloon ride. If you stay here, check out the 151 Bistro located in the lobby. Great breakfast.

Room Tip: corner room. .Do not stay by interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a great experience we had at Hotel Indigo! We stayed for one night while we checked out downtown Asheville. Great location within walking distance to downtown restaurants, night life, and shopping.

My only complaint occurred upon arrival in the parking lot where I felt the valet parking attendant was pushing us to use their service. When I resisted, he said he would comp the valet parking fee but, I honestly just wanted to park our own car and avoid having to tip. (I know this sounds cheap but we didn't have much luggage since only staying one night). When I turned down the service, he told me I couldn't park in the temporary registration parking spaces while we checked in because those were valet parking only. Really? We were directed to park on the other side of the building which was fine but it could have been handled better and we didn't feel very welcome upon our initial arrival to the hotel. I have to say, the attendant was very young and looked like he had just eaten candy as his lips were blue!!

All that aside, we were greeted by very friendly and professional front desk staff and were given an upgrade on the room. What an upgrade! Our room was beautiful with gorgeous views of the mountains through floor to ceiling windows of the penthouse suite. The a/c wasn't working in the room so we contacted the front desk. Maintenance arrived literally within a minute and they had it fixed within 30 minutes. I had never had hotel maintenance respond so quickly and actually fix the problem. Our room was clean and plush. It had everything we needed and then some. We didn't want to leave!

The lobby is very welcoming and a concierge was available. I was also impressed in receiving a phone call a few days before our arrival from the concierge to see if we had any questions. I had never received a call like this before but it was impressive. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and highly recommend if have the opportunity to stay in the wonderful town of Asheville. We hope to be back soon!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The staff went out of their way to make our trip pleasant. Henry made sure we were happy with the room. Brian at the bar gave us great advise of where to go with our kids. My only complaint is that there was minimum water pressure for the shower and no pool.

• Stayed June 2013
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My friend and I checked into the Hotel Indigo and were delighted with our room. It was beautiful, stylish and the beds were very comfortable. But, the location was the outstanding feature. We were able to walk out the front door and then a few blocks to great cafes and shops. The shops and cafes were all one of a kind. The hotel staff were extremely helpful. They were happy for us to leave our car in their garage after checkout so we could continue to enjoy the delightful Asheville downtown area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My Husband and I stayed for two nights. The staff was friendly upon arrival. We were going to self-park and the valet realized that the roof rack on my Husband's vehicle may be too tall for the garage and he comped our valet fees for our stay. The front desk staff was very friendly. Tea and snacks were available for guests. We had booked a standard room. We were taken to our room and noticed that a small piece of dry wall hanging from the window and some dry wall chips on the floor. We were on our way out to lunch and told the desk. They called 20 min later and upgraded us to the Penthouse floor. The suite was spacious and open and airy. Furniture was comfortable and the bathroom was very nice. The fire alarm went off the first evening and we were told to come down to the lobby. It turned out someone was smoking in their room and we got a round on the hotel. Alex was a great bartender. The Staff was great. We would stay again.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the penthouse suites. They are open, and airy. The bathroom is large with doubl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I love to come to Asheville for the downtown. So we always try to stay at this location as much as possible. It's great for walking to where we wanna go. We've never had an issue with the rooms or service. Upon check-in Meredith was courteous and professional. Also, any staff member that approached us at least acknowledged us. So needless to say I gave a 5 on every category but service. I will say a minor rough patch was 20 minutes to closing the bar the bartender made us well aware he was closing it up at 10:00. I understand just felt like it could have been worded differently to not be so abrupt about it. So as always fantastic stay

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!