“Great modern hotel with exceptional staff” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #16 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia
“Great modern hotel with exceptional staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We stayed at the Indigo for 2 nights in October. The time of year was a great time to visit Asheville, and the scenery was breathtaking. The location of the hotel was perfect for us, within an easy walk to wonderful downtown restaurants and nightlife. We visited the Biltmore and went hiking during the day, but it was great to be back in the downtown area at night and walk to everything. The hotel is near the highway, but we didn't hear any noise unlike some other reviewers. I booked a room with a view, and the view of the mountains was amazing.
The hotel had a great modern feel. The bathrooms were great, with a huge spa-like shower and Aveda bath products. But the best part of the hotel was the staff. The level of service is on par with a 5 star luxury hotel. The concierge was very helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations, and anything else we needed during our stay. For example, I had a headache and asked where I could buy some medicine, and was handed Advil and water free of charge. One night there was an event in the lobby and we were given free drinks as well.
This was my first trip to Asheville, and I fell in love with the city. We hope to return soon, and will definitely stay at the Hotel Indigo.

Room Tip: Book a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We've been to asheville several times and have previously stayed near the biltmore. This time we decided to change it up a bit and stay downtown since that's usually where we end up in the mornings and evenings anyway.

The location is pretty good. It's a little close to the highway but, we were fortunate enough to have a room on the side of the hotel away from the interstate. I could see road noise being a concern on the other side of the building.

Check in went smoothly. We got up to the room and found that the bed was going to be a bit too small. I'm not sure how big it was, queen maybe full. IDK. We called the front desk and they got us into a king. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

The room was clean and bright. The bed was a little firm for my liking but, I slept quite well on it. The bathroom had Aveda products and was very nice. Overall I'd recommend the Indigo if you aren't into B&Bs and want a nice place to stay downtown.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can and away from the interstate.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Very nice location; downtown, within walking distance to the nitelife of Asheville. Beautiful hotel/room, great staff, delicious breakfast. Definitely a winner.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

What a wonderful trip! There were 13 of us (12 were staff from a Swedish university) who stayed at the hotel for one night. I really wish it could have been longer but we were one a study tour that only allowed for one night in Asheville. The staff absolutely went out of there way to make our stay comfortable.

First, the concierge was terrific. She assisted me several times before we even arrived. Because our time was very limited I tried to get as much information as possible about the area and some specific requests. She was kind enough to answer every question and even went so far as to print out maps for each person in our party, to the location she had found that would have local music. The maps were waiting on us when we arrived.

The front desk staff then assisted in getting us checked-in even when there was an small issue (of our own making). Because we had 7 rooms, this was no small feat! I really appreciated their assistance with this.

The concierge and another member of the staff (Jeremy?) surprised me by putting a birthday balloon, a bottle of sparkling wine and a plate of truffles in my room! I could not believe they did this. I had originally contacted the concierge through Facebook (Inspired Indigo Concierge) so she saw my birthdate (she posted a happy birthday on my fb earlier in the day) and did this extra special thing for me.

They also tied little balloons to the doors of the rooms for each member of our group. A very cute touch that I think everyone enjoyed.

In my opinion the staff is always the best indicator of a hotel, the hotel itself was also wonderful. Within easy walking distance of shops and restaurants as well as a beautiful view of the mountains. It has a very funky vibe which is very enjoyable. Nice, clean design while still having nice amenities.

I cannot wait to go back to this hotel! I also cannot wait to recommend it to anyone who asks (and those who don't.) I have stayed in many hotels (including Fairmonts and Ritz Carltons). The vibe is different but the level of service was right up there.

Thanks so much to the Indigo for adding so much to our trip. It was truly appreciated!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
IndigoInKeeperAVL, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Jamie, our concierge is an absolute jewel! We are so fortunate to have her on our team and I'm delighted to hear you and your group loved being with us in our wonderful city. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Warm regards,
Barbara Kulwiec
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Loved my stay at the Hotel Indigo for a girls' trip to Asheville. The location is great, just a short walk from the vibrant downtown area. The rooms were spacious, clean, and modern - plenty of room for three people. The check-in staff and the concierge were super friendly and helpful. The lobby bar and restaurant served up great food and drinks.

Lacks a family-friendliness vibe, though --> No open spaces to play in around the hotel, no pool, and no fridges in the rooms.

Room Tip: Request a room on the other side of the freeway that the hotel sits right next to.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Wow - what a great haven the Hotel Indigo Charlotte is. The lobby was funky, open, and welcoming; the room was spacious, elegant, and comfortable. I recharged immensely in my 14 hours there. Special thanks to the staff, who could not have been more attentive and accommodating. My room was upgraded, and the concierge gave me great tips for the way to spend a day in Asheville that was a perfect fit for what I liked and the time I had available. I had a fantastic, rejuvenating experience and a real vacation getaway for not much more than I'd have paid for just a place to stay the night. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have double the light / view, and rooms with two queen beds are larger.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011 via mobile

We stayed in a corner room,on the 8th floor. What a beautiful view of the mountains. I loved our room. Thought it was spacious. The only complaint about our room is that there wasn't a mini fridge.
We ate there a few times and the food was incredible. They use organic food from local farmers which I love. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!