“Going back soon...” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
TN
“Going back soon...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

What a delightful, clean, and fun hotel! We have no complaints, and the place was one of the cleanest places we have stayed in a while. It is a hop, skip, and a jump from the downtown life and fun. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
IndigoInKeeperAVL, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us!
Warm reagrds,

889 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We found this hotel on the list the info folks at the airport gave us. It was indeed a find. Comfortable extra-clean room. Roomy bathroom with a very large shower enclosure. Saff were extremely helpful about what to see in Asheville. Everything we wanted was in easy walking distance. They also mapped out a route to Hiighlands that, at our request, minimized "scenic" mountain driving.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
IndigoInKeeperAVL, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to share this with your fellow travelers.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

A contemporary Asheville lives at the Indigo Hotel. Fresh-Clean-Crisp is the best way to describe this PET friendly (lots of pets but all under control) facility.

Really, it is part hotel and part condo (they finished this sucker just at the wrong time and they either are rental condo's or empty on top) but the accommodations in the hotel are very nice.

Hardwood floors in the rooms are not perfect for the occasional high heels on the floor above, but an interesting change to a room. AC system is a bit weird but based on the type of facility I guess I get it. Window unit that kicks on and off like an old Holiday Inn. Hence, if you watch TV you will need remote handy to turn the volume up and down as often as that sucker cycles.

Bathroom and shower are GREAT and a nice change to a frigging tub that no one uses anyway. GREAT showers as they are large and clean with wonderful tiles and glass surround.

Although we did not eat dinner (there is a new chef in town and her mark on the nightly specials looked awesome) but the breakfast we had were fantastic. Like I said above; Fresh-Clean-Crisp.

Location is excellent with easy walk to all the downtown venues which are numerous.

I-WOULD-GO to INDIGO for sure upon a return to hip Asheville...dude....

Room Tip: Not sure best way as it was last minute. I think you can do better than my $200 or so.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

After a whirlwind week of planes, trains & automobiles, my husband suggested we take an impromptu roadtrip to Asheville, in hopes of finding some cooler temps & pretty scenery. We found Hotel Indigo on this website and despite some negative reviews, we decided to give it a try because of the location. All I can say is I'm so glad we did !!!! The hotel is located conveniently right off of I240 and within walking distance of some of the most eclectic shopping and restaurants I've ever experienced. There was no issue with parking whatsoever -- they have a deck right next to the hotel and we parked right outside the entrance on the upper deck. The rooms were so spacious and luxurious and when the first room they gave us smelled like cigarette smoke, Amber at the front desk immediately came up and moved us to an even more amazing room. All the rooms are supposed to be smoke-free and they tell you that when you check in, which may or may not be a deal-breaker for you. Our experience was delightful and worth every cent -- Asheville is an amazing city & Hotel Indigo is the perfect hotel for the urban experience in Asheville.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind words!
BRISTOL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Clean and beautiful rooms, great views, great staff. Walking distance to shopping and dining.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We were lucky enough to visit Asheville, NC for the first time over this past July 4th. We wanted to "rough it" for 2 nights, before spending a luxurious 2 nights at the Hotel Indigo. The location is great and it is easy to find, as it towers over Asheville near the Montford district. We were impressed the instant we walked in, seduced by the beautiful, modern decorations. We paid extra for a room with a view and were impressed-even though we were only on the fourth floor, we still had a good view of the mountains. The room was teal with white bed coverings, dark hard wood looking floors, and large windows. It was very nice. However, quickly we realized that the amenities were greatly lacking. There was no fridge. Also, the Keurig coffee machine that they boast about was accompanied by only 1 regular coffee (about 5 decaf)...when we called and asked about this, they said they did not have anymore caffeinated coffee...thus, we have to go down to the lobby to pay for our coffee in the morning. There is no food or coffee offered at breakfast, unless you are willing to pay. There is an underground parking area, which has extremely tight spots-we drive an suv, so it is ok that we don't always fit-but we saw tiny cars having issues cramming into these eensy spots. One night we got back and almost didn't find a spot due to this-and the parking lot itself is quite small. Also, there is no pool (we knew this going into it, so eh, but just mentioning). The kicker to all of this-we paid $170 a night to stay here, almost $400 for 2 nights. If this had been a $100 a night hotel, I still would have been disappointed, but maybe ok with it (though, I would say a Red Roof Inn has better amenities than the Hotel Indigo). I felt guilty for staying at a place like this, without any satisfaction, because you are solely paying for the decoration and its location (which I will say is pretty walkable, but there are many hotels near downtown). Save your money-go to a bed and breakfast or anywhere else-this is not worth the price!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing Hotel Indigo- Asheville Downtown. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay overall with us. I am saddened to hear you were dissapointed with our anemities. We are planning to add refrigerators and safes to our rooms within the next three months. We hope to be able to serve you again soon!
Folly Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

The best part about this hotel is the parking. You can come and go all you want in Asheville, right in downtown, so that is awesome. BUT several wierd things happened when I was staying here. I pulled up to the front and there were no spots for check in, so i pulled in front the best I could...I went inside, was not greeted as a Platinum Member and told to "Go sit over there till my room was ready". It was after 3pm, so I am not sure why it wasn't ready. I requested an upgrade, but they were out, so she tried to put me on the 3rd floor, even after I requested a high floor. She ended up giving me a room on 7, in a corner, which was nice.

The room was sparse. And like the other reviews indicated, you can tell they tried too hard to be hip. The bathroom was poorly stocked with two sets of towels and only conditioners for the soaps. there is NO attention to detail at $299/night, I was blown away. I choose this place over the Grove Park, because I wanted a nicer room. GP has crappy rooms, but love everything else, including the service. So anyway, there are no rugs in there, just wide open hardwoods, so it isn't very warm. There is no fridge, which is hard for 3 nights. What if you have medicine you need to keep cool? Look like a fool carrying in a cooler into a $300/night room! The coffee in the little restaurant was $6 for two black coffees, which we had to buy because they were out of regular Kuerig cups for the room. Again, no detail.

Anyway, i guess you can't have a bad weekend in Asheville, but for the money, this place is so completely off. I should have stayed at the regular Holiday Inn on Tunnel Road, with a great pool for $130. I was trying to be hip and fun...and I was...but this hotel missed the mark!

Room Tip: ask for a corner room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
IndigoInKeeperAVL, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback. I'm so sorry you were dissapointed with your stay. Please contact me at the hotel directly so I may have the opportunity to make it up to you.
Again, please accept my apologies for your frustrations.
Barbara Kulwiec

Been to Hotel Indigo Asheville Downtown? Share your experiences!