“Good food, nice spirits, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Stag Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 644 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Biltmore Ave.
Description: The Red Stag Grill Lounge has an extensive wine by the glass menu and a lively bar scene within a casual setting in the heart of Biltmore Village
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“Good food, nice spirits, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Whether you get a chance to enjoy the piano bar with a great selection of wine & beer, or grabbing a nice breakfast - you will enjoy coming to the Red Stag Grill!

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“OK dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We made reservations for our anniversary dinner. When we arrived the restaurant was fairly empty and they gave us a lovely table for two by the window...very romantic. The next table that was seated was a party of 6 right next to us! Romance went right out the window. There were many available tables in the place, so I don't understand why they did that.

I ordered a glass of wine and it was the smallest amount of wine I have ever been served in a restaurant....hardly worth $12 for several swallows. At any rate, I ordered a filet and my husband got the trout. The presentations were nice and both entrees were good, but not outstanding. Service was prompt and accommodating. We were not offered a dessert or anything complimentary for our anniversary.

With all the wonderful restaurants in Asheville, I wouldn't come back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Terrific experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I had reservations at the Corner Kitchen. Being that we stayed at the impeccable Grand Bohemian, we decided to have a cocktail at the Red Stag located in the hotel, before going to dinner at The Corner Kitchen.

There were several reviews online that touted The Corner Kitchen and even the staff at the hotel said good things about the place. While having a drink at The Red Stag, we saw some of the selections from the menu being served to other patrons in the bar...extremely impressive! We mentioned to our bartender that we had reservations at The Corner Kitchen and she even said it was a nice place. Frankly, nothing on the menu at The Corner Kitchen really "wow'd" me, so I asked the bartender for a Red Stag menu...and I'm REALLY glad I did!

We decided to stay at The Red Stag. We saw the chopped salad being served in the bar and were blown away! Unfortunately, we decided to go with the Caesar salad...it was good, but the chopped salad was SOOO much more impressive!!! My wife ordered the crab cake appetizer as an entree and it was delicious. I had the black grouper...SPECTACULAR!!! Needless to say, we were very happy with our decision to stay at The Red Stag!

Great choice...quite sure you'll feel the same way!!

Coastal NC
“Met Our Expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch here while staying at the Grand Bohemian Hotel. Service was efficient and little time elapsed between ordering and delivery of our lunch.

I ordered the meatloaf ($13) and my wife ordered the grilled cheese with truffle fries ($11). When the food was delivered, I realized the meatloaf dish had portobello mushrooms which wasn't mentioned on the menu (I have an allergy to portobellos). The server came over, apologized profusely and offered to have the dish made over without the mushroom gravy. My wife and I decided to forego all of that and just switch plates.

My wife joked that my portobello allergy worked out for the best. She loved the meatloaf, very tender and delicious with grilled asparagus. I really liked the grilled cheese, which had several different kinds of cheese including gruyere which added a nice twist on an old favorite. The truffle fries were hot and crispy. We found the presentation of the dishes to be clever as well. As far as prices, we found them to be fair considering the amount/quality of the food and the location of the restaurant.

This meal was great and fully meet our expectations. Don't be afraid to try out the Red Stag if you're in the area!

Greenville, SC
“Great food and ambience. Pricey.. but good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Located in the Grand Bohemian Hotel, one might expect average hotel fare. Au contraire. This was a very nice meal in a lovely "lodge-like" atmosphere. The decor was most appealing and dinner was quiet delicious. I enjoyed a filet and a wedge salad. Very tasty. My husband enjoyed halibut and the strawberry salad. We feel that a quality restaurant should serve tasty bread. The Red Stag bread was wonderful. My husband ordered the banana pudding and honestly, homemade is better. If banana pudding is served with whipped cream and not meringue.. just don't order it. All in all a very nice meal in a lovely setting and the service was excellent as well.

• Visited July 2013