“Excellent Pizza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Modesto

Modesto
1 Page Avenue #138, Asheville, NC 28801 (Downtown Asheville)
828-255-4133
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Modesto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 624 restaurants in Asheville
Cross street: Battery Park Ave
Kathmandu
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We had pizza and we loved it. We went to this Italian restaurant for pasta buy the menu was so complicated, we could not understand it. So we decided to order pizza. The pizza was excellent so I assume the food would be good as well.

Visited June 2013

74% Recommend
Asheville, North Carolina
“real treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Though you may have to get out your wallet, Modesto is a real treat. The food is excellent, the ambience is great especially sitting outside. It is pet friendly and the wait staff are well informed, and attentive without being overbearing. All in all, one of the best places to eat in Asheville.

Visited June 2013
Ellicott City, MD
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was surprised at the amount of negative reviews because our dining experience at Modesto could not have been better. I apologize about not remembering the name of our waiter, because he was excellent. Our Fire Roasted Romaine Lettuce Salad was very tasty. I thought the menu was very creative and not typical of most Italian restaurants. I just had probably the plainest dish on the menu, Sicilian Tomato Sauce and Fresh Basil over Vermicelli, but our waiter told me it would be the most delicious "plain" tomato sauce I have ever eaten. He was correct! It was not your usual heavy spaghetti dish, but light and REALLY the best plain sauce I have ever eaten. I ate much more than I usually do. My husband's salmon entree looked like a work of art. He said all the fresh vegetables were as good as his salmon. We were too full, but still forced ourselves to split some tiramisu, which my husband declared the best he had ever eaten. For us, it was the perfect dining experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Just right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good Italian food, pleasant quiet setting and great service at a moderate price. The Bolognese was fabulous and the serving size was just right. We especially really enjoyed the intimate seating were we could leisurely enjoy our dinner.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Asheville
“OK but not much more!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Average is about the best I can say. Average food and mediocre service.
Nothing bad but nothing good enough to remotely make me ever go back.
There are so many great restaurants that average is not good enough.

• Visited May 2013