“Hidden Value-Mouthy Maids-Roudy neighbors!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Value Place Asheville to your Saves list
Value Place Asheville
40 Monte Vista, Intersection - I-40 & Monte Vista Rd, Asheville, NC 28806   |
Ranked #35 of 59 hotels in Asheville
“Hidden Value-Mouthy Maids-Roudy neighbors!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Before arriving I had spoken to the Manager, Ramona a month ahead of time to reserve 3 rooms at which I was quoted $179.99 per room, per week. Not so once I saw the bill. I had asked to move my daughter into my son's room, since he only stayed a few days. She has been unable to sleep since someone above her made constant noise from 3am -@ 7am. We mentioned the noise and requested for her to be moved to the assistant Bridget who preceded to inform us the the walls are thin and that's what you pay for. Mind you the morning of check out, it just happened an employee hit our door with the vacuum cleaner, .but didn't vacuum the hall!
The rudeness and the hostile reactions from most of the employees is not worth the value of this place!!

• Stayed December 2012
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Asheville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Value Place does everything we can to create a positive, consistent experience for every guest and we apologize if your stay did not meet your expectations. We strive to keep our property clean and safe and will address the truthful claims in this review. I have sent a separate email to you and will be glad to explain the charges on your bill.

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at the value place extended stay on monte vista road in Asheville. I was viciously attacked by bed bugs. I was covered in about 50-60 bites and pulled a live bug off of me. We also found dead bugs and bed bug shells in the room. We called the night manager-they did nothing. In the morning my fiancée went to talk to the asst manager and she said she would kick us out immediately bc we brought them. She also said we would not be getting a refund and had no legal recourse. We asked to file a report. She said they don’t do that. She then sent two housekeepers to the room to look for the bugs and they went straight to the headboards which were infested (they knew right where to go) they tried to tell us that only the linens around the bed need to be treated. This has been horrible and they won’t work with us at all! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Asheville, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Value Place was alerted of the bed bug issue in this guest's room at 11 pm. The next morning our pest control company came and inspected the issue. Value Place was very concerned about this situation, took immediate action, and refunded this guest's money. Please send me a separate email and I will be glad to send you a copy of your folio receipt, showing the refund.
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

VP has basic motel rooms with kitchenettes (fridge, micro, 2-burner stove; albeit with no dishes, pots or utensils; there isn't even a coffee-maker). They are clean and of decent size. Wired internet is $10 extra. If we were staying for a couple of nights, we might have preferred a more upscale place. But we were expecting to stay for 2 weeks and with a weekly rate starting at $199-$209, it's hard to beat $30/nite (and over 2 weeks, that makes a big difference in the total cost).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

It is always nice to save some $$ when traveling with your family, we chose Value Place, we have stayed here before and had no issues. This time is has been people tab dancing on the floor all night long, house keeping yelling down the halls in the morning and attitude from Bridgett, the Asst. Mng. & her robots. I call people like Bridget a wanna-be, when the manager is gone, Bridgett is an acting wanna-be and does not know how to use her power for good, she just knows how to have attitude and swing a sword. I had asked her to move my daughter to another room because of all the noise in the middle of the night on the floor above her. They told me they had no rooms. I informed her I had paid for 3 rooms and we were only using 2, could they re-clean the 3 room and my daughter could move into it, as my son had stayed 2 nights & it was now vacant. She told me it would be a $25 cleaning fee. I asked her why as I am giving my room back to be available to use since they have no rooms. She informed me that this hotel is cheap because they have thin walls and floors and if I didn't like it I could move on and leave. I asked her if she was getting attitude and why, she said she was and I could checkout anytime. As I walked away, the other house keeping women there with her, made smirks, laughs & repeated our conversation as I walked away. Pure class on their part. I know you would say, you get what you pay for & you are right.
As far as clean rooms, there ok, the beds are not comfortable & the kitchens have no pans, cups or silverware. Save yourself the frustration and skip this place of no value. I have contacted corporate and am awaiting Mark Knapp the regional manger to contact me. I tell you this, because once this gets posted it is funny how hotels come back with I am sorry and hope to see you again, but when you are there and they could have made it right they don't. It is a dog and pony show.

• Stayed December 2012
Bradenton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Value Place is situated in a lovely hilly area. The staff are wonderful checking in is not a problem . I did not book ahead of time but I was accommodated on a very short notice. The room is not all that spacious but is adequate. The cable television kept me entertained. There is free Wi-Fi and it works fine. A lot of working People stay there but they are very friendly & helpful too.
There are nice eating places down the hill, and Bi-LO grocery store nearby and CVS too.
The Hotel has no cooking utensils you just have to buy from the staff or buy your own. There is Stove and Refrigerator quite alright. The Air conditioning worked quite fine.
You can connect to Asheville by Car or Bus whichever you chose. I slept well not much noise.
There is a fitness centre guests can use down the road.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Albany, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I'd probably give this place 3.5 stars. Factoring in the price, it may deserve 5 stars.

Pros:
- clean and well kept
- amazing value for one week stay
- convenient location

Cons
- requires wired connection for its rather slow internet
- tiny television, with non-widescreen format
- noisy refrigerator
- totally bare kitchen, in terms of utensils

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

For our visit of 2-3 weeks, this was a perfect choice. Squeaky clean; geat price; all the essentials; friendly and efficient staff. It was a bit like moving into a good, but not fancy, neighborhood. One had enough privacy and good neighbors. What else could you ask for? We will almost certainly return.

Stayed March 2012
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Asheville, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We are truly pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Here at Value Place we promise a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. Again, we are very pleased that you had a great stay. We wish you well with your future travels!

Been to Value Place Asheville? Share your experiences!