“Great concept, yummy flavors!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina 24 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 565 Restaurants in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Otis Street
Description: Local chef Brian Canipelli has opened Cucina 24 at 24 Wall Street in downtown area. Cucina 24 features Italian cuisine.
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Great concept, yummy flavors!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was only in Asheville for a few days and wanted to try everything but I am certainly glad I stopped by Cucina 24 and can't wait to go back! The menu was fun and creative and everything that came out of the kitchen looked fantastic. Great farm to table concept with only the freshest ingredients. The space was well decorated and lit with a nice big open kitchen. Roasted beet salad was fantastic and wines paired very well. Definite stop for foodies.

• Visited June 2013

Mooresville, North Carolina
“Fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Dimly lit with great ambience, Cucina 24 is a wonderful setting for a fantastic meal! My husband and I dined there on a Friday evening and it was packed which made for a fun atmosphere. They have an extensive wine list (all Italian, by the way) and their food offerings are all amazing! For his entree, my husband had the salmon which was served over thinly sliced cucumbers and a tzatziki-like sauce--it was phenomenal. I opted for the hanger steak which was thinly sliced and oh-so-tender with Chianti butter (to die for!), and served with fingerling potatoes & carmelized onions and a gratin of spinach & ramps...it was delicious! Neither of us left a bit on our plates!

An interesting offering of Cucina 24 is the option for the entire table to partake in a Chef's Tasting Menu. A table next to us opted for that and it looked amazing...several courses of Cucina 24's tasty offerings made their way to that table and it looked like a ton of fun!

Highly recommend Cucina 24 for a delicious & delightful meal!

Visited June 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Well done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was really a last minute, open table reservation. We were in town travelling and thought some small plates and wine sounded good, so we rolled the dice a bit. Turned out to be a very good call.

We were a bit nervous at how empty the place was at 7:30, but it was a wednesday night. We had a nice table by a window with a view of the street below. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable. The meal was not rushed. My knowledge of Italian wines is limited, so our server brought us some tastes to aid in our decision. Very helpful.

The food was great. We started with fried risotto balls with ham and spring peas in an aioli. Total comfort food. We split a local greens salad with nuts and berried and then a wood fired pizza with walnut pesto, ricotta, sausage and habaneros. Yum.

It was pouring rain after dinner and I had to walk a few hundred yards to the garage to get our car. The hostess stopped me as I was leaving and pulled out an umbrella from the coat closet for me to use. Thanks!

Overall, great food, great service, great music, great vibe. If I lived in Asheville I'd be back.

Visited June 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Tasting Menu - Best Meal Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I were in Asheville for a long weekend and the Eating Asheville tour introduced us to Cucina 24. Yellowfin sashimi with Meyer Lemon!? We made reservations and came back that night.

The tasting menu was by far the best meal either one of us have ever had, and don't take that lightly as we have both traveled extensively. From delicate oysters and fois gras, to tempura cauliflower, all six or seven courses were stunning in their own right.

Cucina 24 alone will bring us back to Asheville again.

• Visited February 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We loved this restaurant! The food was fabulous and the small plates were a perfect way to sample several dishes. The atmosphere was quiet and classy. Our service was perfect and we never felt rushed. I would highly recommend this place.

• Visited May 2013