“Was our "Foodie" experience while in Asheville! Great Staff also” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina 24 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 565 Restaurants in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Otis Street
Description: Local chef Brian Canipelli has opened Cucina 24 at 24 Wall Street in downtown area. Cucina 24 features Italian cuisine.
atlanta
“Was our "Foodie" experience while in Asheville! Great Staff also”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Saturday night, at 10:20 we were searching for a place open for dinner.. I know, it was late but we were tourist and had a late lunch.. walking from place to place all day... anyway A wonderful little angel we asked on the street told us this place was great! We went in and were seated promptly, I cannot think of our servers name Tall, handsome guy was the only one I saw. He made great recommendations and did not rush us!! We shared farm greens salad, was earthy and delicious. I had a custom wood grilled pizza with roasted garlic, pepperoni,pancetta basil.. really good. DH had seared scallops.. The dish portion for the scallops was a little small, but was perfect for us so late at night. We shared Tiramisu that was out of this world!! This meal was the best we had the whole time in Asheville! I do not not why it is ranked so low, but when I am in town i will make it back here for sure!

Visited September 2011

Tennessee
“Real Italian food (do not expect italo-american)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We have been at Cucina 24 several time, and it has always lived up to my expectation. Let me preface by saying that I am Italian and moved to the US about 13 years ago, and I still loathe having Italo-american food being called 'real Italian'. Well, Cucina 24 is the best, truest "real Italian' food I have had (save of eating in NYC or DC). So, do not expect a side of past with your meat. Here, you start with antipasti (appetizers) for which you can actually mix and match several basic types, then can go with a primo (pasta course) and /or secondo (meat or fish) - both are usually too much for me, so I usually go with and antipasto and either a primo or a secondo. Plates are abundant, but a bit more European size than typical American (that is, you cannot feed a family of 4 with one dish!) The menu changes according to the season and the ingredients available; a couple of dishes that were truly memorable have been the seafood risotto and the burrata (a type of cheese that resembles mozzarella, but is even creamier and richer... this is the first place where I have seen it in the US). I am always curious about trying their pizza (they have a wood burning oven) but have not so far. Desserts are also quite delicious - although my favorite remains the classic affogato (espresso poured hot on home-made ice cream). If you go, I recommend reserving a table ahead of time - I have used OpenTable before and it worked very wall, with no wait time at all once at the restaurant.

• Visited June 2011
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Surprisingly good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Looking around for some decent food (and AC) during Bele Chere and happened across Cucina24. We checked out the menu and decided to give it a shot- at 8pm on a Saturday night we were seated pretty quickly with no reservation. The service was prompt and above average - the waiter was chatty and friendly- and the dining room was serene after the madness of Bele Chere. Ordered the antipasti which are a interesting list that can be mixed and matched at three for 14.00- the portions were not huge but perfect for just a little bite before dinner. We had the calves liver crostini, chickpeas with lemon oil (delicious!) and grilled mortadella. I was really surprised at the quality and taste for the price. For main courses we had the truffled mushroom pizza and the chittara carbonara. Both were excellent. There is a wood burning pizza oven so the pizza crust was just right. For wine we tried the rosato- I am normally skeptical about any non French rose but it was delightful and perfect after the heat of the day. We were pleased to have eaten so well for less than 75.00 (not including tip). Asheville has a ton of great places to eat- this one ranks right up there. Can't wait to go back when the crowds die down.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
SC
“The food exceeded our expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We loved the food and the wine.
We tried the beet salad, very very good.
The suckling pig dish was superb, it really surprised us.
The lamb shank was one of the best I have ever tried; I grew up eating lamb more than beef, and I know what a good lamb should taste like. This lamb shank passed the test big time.
A quick note, the wine by the glass were mediocre, you will find a better selection by the bottle list.
The service is just OK. This establishment is not an upscale one; although someone may claim it as fine dinning (It is true if you are talking about food).
I highly recommend it if you are in Asheville area, a nice quite dinning experience.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Very disappointed with food. Oversalted and overpriced.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We ate here because of a family recommendation and we had just come home from a 2 week vacation in Italy. We thought this would be a nice splurge.

I had the goat cheese pizza, my husband the mushroom pasta and we had asparagus.
Food was heavily over salted. The pasta was tasteless, pizza uninteresting.

• Visited June 2011