“Spiritual” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 65 Attractions in Asheville
Type: Religious Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Religious center that is dedicated to prayer for personal and spiritual transformation.
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Spiritual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Light Center on our way back from Asheville. It's very peaceful. There's a prayer book a piano and beautiful rainbow lights. We took some pictures while in the dome, and this morning while reviewing them, we found several to contain white lights! One shot is in the dark, but there is a white orb you can see! Very sweet! It's overall a peaceful, churchy feel. Be at one with yourself and the world! Namaste!

Tryon, North Carolina
8 attraction reviews
“Lights and Chakras and Bears, Oh My”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had the delight of sharing time at the Light Center with a Swami, and I wanted with all my heart to find it fabulous. Instead, I found it anticlimactic; the talk and fellowship felt very wonderful, but sitting with all those lights seemed sort of like a whiz-bang bit of American glitz. i mean, close your eyes, meditate, and you'll experience so much depth; the lights felt like a distraction instead of a deepening. I think, though, that they work quite beautifully for some people, intensifying experience. For me, it felt superfluous. I also had a very nice man tell me he had been called to the center to find me, which made me feel like Marilyn Monroe on a Good Hair Day. It was such a lovely line. Something about the whole experience ignited my cynicism instead of soulful synergy.

Visited March 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
“Well Worth the Scenic Drive!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is an amazingly beautiful place to visit. You can attend wonderful events and gatherings ~ and if nothing else is going on, be sure to enjoy a quiet meditation (at no charge) in the specially designed light chamber accompanied by the exquisite music of Richard Shulman - a local and internationally acclaimed pianist and composer. The geodesic architecture of the center streaming sunlight and the surrounding natural beauty are breathtaking. Don't miss it!

Visited September 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“One of the strangest places I have ever been.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Very interesting place, deserted like. Seems like a church almost, out in the woods.. you can play with the cool lights on the inside of the dome, mediate. Not really a place to have an action packed adventure, but i could go there again and again. It's really a must see, a great place to go with your significant other or best friend.

Mount Dora, Florida
7 attraction reviews
“Nothing much there”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I guess if you want to meditate, go and sit alone in that dome thing, but the area has very little to offer as far as an attraction. Maybe I missed a busy day of tours or something, but there was no one around, and area was in need of some TLC and landscaping. (To be fair, it looked like someone was working on that)The driveway leads you in different directions that look like you shouldn't even be there. I will try another time though, because I have heard some strange and neat things happen there, if you are spiritual/ESP type of person.

Visited September 2011