Travelocity Autograph Hotels
Ranked #13 of 59 hotels in Asheville
sevierville
“Fabu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is one of my favorite hotels...
The charm and elegance of this autograph collection location is bountiful... If you want to experience a one of a kind stay in Asheville, no question, the Bohemian is your choice. I would book here every weekend if I could!

• Stayed June 2012

644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My Husband and I stayed here for 2 nights for our "mini-moon." Everything was perfect. The room was well appointed, the staff were wonderful. Overall, we were very pleased. We were even given complimentary champagne to celebrate and every staff that came in contact with us congratulated us. We ordered room service twice, a breakfast and dinner, and it was delicious. A little pricy, but worth the convenience. The food was excellent. We also ate at the hotel's restaurant, Red Stag Grill, the first night. The service, food, and ambience were great. I got the duck and my husband got a NY strip. Both were excellent and cooked to perfection! I wish I could remember our servers name because he was so nice (white male, brown hair, glasses...i don't know).

The location is very convenient, especially if you are planning a visit to the Biltmore Estate. Everything in Biltmore Village is right outside your door. Also very convenient to I-40 and downtown Asheville.

Ultimately, it was the nicest hotel stay we have ever had. We have stayed at nice hotels before, but there was always something missing (rude staff, bad water pressure, etc). The Grand Bohemian has it all and hopefully we will be able to return for our 1 year anniversary!

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms across the street from the main building, which I think are a little cheaper...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is as close to perfect as I've ever seen. The rooms are amazing and if you vacation for food...... The Red Stag is why you are here. If you are anywhere near Asheville for a night or two this is your only destination. The price is high so plan on using your time wisely! If Disney Land designed a hotel for adults, this is it!

• Stayed December 2012
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville is one of a kind. You walk into a lobby that looks and feels like a Bravarian hunting lodge. The valet service is amazing, with very friendly people working it. One gentleman in particular, Daniel Kent, really impressed us with his welcome and knowledge of the hotel and of Asheville.
The best floor to stay on is the second or the third, as the windows get smaller and smaller as you go up. The top floor, which is the fourth, even in the suites has very small windows.
There is really nothing wrong with staying in the Manor house, especially in spring, summer, fall. You will be crossing the street to go to shops anyways so it is really not a big deal to cross the street to go to your room. They also offer free cheese and wine on the weekends which is exclusive to the manor house. That's enough of a perk right there!
The restaurant is exquisite. Chef Adam Hayes does an amazing job and has a very creative, ever-changing, menu.
It's a great place to stay when you are in Asheville, and it's directly at the entrance of the historic Biltmore Estate.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the rail road tracks are best for a quiet nights sleep. Avoid rooms that are not und...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Greensboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I arrived at the Grand Bohemian with great expectations, due in part to the reviews here. We are politely greeted my the valet's outside. They were very professional. However that all changed when we walked into the lobby. The condescending girl behind the desk never stood up, only sat there as she checked us in. She was dismissive and rude. Then when we arrived in our room, we were overcome by a terrible mildewy/musty smell. The bottles of water were $5.00, and there is no concierge lounge here for the platinum status members. There was also no refrigerator in our room. There were lovely bath salts and bath amenities on the tub; with a price tag of $25.00.

Coffee maker is in the room, but only the $5.00 water to make it with, so we called for room service and were informed that they would radio them and they would call us back. Never happened. We actually checked out early because the moldy smell was giving me a headache.
The female who checked us out was just was dismissive as the first. This is the worst example of a Marriott Hotel I have ever stayed in. We relocated to the Renaissance where the experience was so very superior. I will never stay here again. Where is the management. Terrible.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
JohnLuckett, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
I’m very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that you incurred. Your comments have been shared with our Front Office Manager and Director of Engineering and I can assure you that we have taken the necessary corrective measures. The hotel does provide complimentary samples of the bath salts and bubble bath and all additional bathroom amenities are complimentary. We do offer refrigerators in our suites and upon request. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I spend Thanksgiving in Asheville and stayed at the Grand Bohemian. It is May and we are still talking about it and plan to go back every year. The hotel is eclectic and marvelous. The rooms are gorgeous with beautiful bathtubs containing luxurious big bathtubs. You will find yourself wanting to spend time in your room vs. going out in Asheville. The hotel provides simple things that make a hotel stay nice such as - fresh apples, apple cider, coffee, cookies, etc depending on the time of day in the lobby. In your room there is coffee and a variety of teas. A step up from typical hotel room coffee/tea. There is something about this hotel that is so incredibly charming that it will always stand out. The food at the hotel restaurant is great and the bar is lively. As stated above, we plan to return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Shelby, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This hotel is like staying in an old hunting lodge but with so much style and class! The rooms are remarkable! Very roomy and romantic! The restaurant I give five stars! I love everything about this place! I can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: They found out it was our anniversary and put champagne in our room !!! We didn't even ask! T...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!