“No complaints ...other than front desk folks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection

You added Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Boston Way, Asheville, NC 28803   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
New York
“No complaints ...other than front desk folks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We used points for 3 nights...and could not be happier.
Great location ...next door to all the village shoppes and restaurants...about 7 minutes to downtown Asheville.
Room was big, bathroom huge. Lobby is so well done!
I agree with other reviewers, front desk folks could be nicer...valets and all other staff outstanding.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our family made a decision to find some cool air within driving distance. It took us 10 hours to drive to the mountains of NC, and the drive was well worth it! The Hotel was very nice, and nothing like your standard facility. We had a great time while in the area. White Water rafting, Zip lining, Cave Exploring, and hiking. We don't still while on vacation, and this area had a ton to offer for outdoor fun.

Room Tip: We were able to get a two bedroom suite on the top floor. The hotel was really quiet considering it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Vero Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a really great boutique hotel that feels like you are staying in an elegant lodge. The front desk attendant was extremely helpful and the overall service was great. The rooms in the main hotel are beautiful and very high tech with free tv and internet service, all mouse-controlled. My only knock was the bar service was a little slow although it was busy. Also, being so close to whiskey country, I though they should carry some American whiskeys and all they had were scotches.

Room Tip: Stay in the main lodge. If you don't, you have to cross the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Well I will be begin my review with a positive statement about the hotel and that was the valet and the bellman. Upon arriving to the hotel we pulled into valet and were greeted by very friendly valet staff and they were very helpful in getting us a bellman and upon check out it was the same so there is consistant good customer service in that department of the hotel. After our great experience with valet we were excited for the rest of the stay at the hotel because of the beauty and art and the aroma throught the hotel however it all went south when we went theh hotel restaurant for dinner on Friday evening. The restaurant was very busy and the servers were under staffed and there was no team work at all among the service staff. We orderd two steaks with mashed potatoes and they were cold, over cooked and the mashed potatoes were crusty on the top as they had been sitting uner a heat lamp for quite a while. The food was a big let down, our dinner took over an our to come to our table, the staff is rude, disengaged to the guest needs and full of lots of attituted. Lunch at the bar the next day was not any better, over cooked buger, dry bun on the burger but at least the barteder was nice and pleasant. If you want let down in a big way over priced bad from food, to poor service, attitude from employees then by all means stay at this hotel. I would have never dreamed that a $400 a night room at a so called amazing hotel would have made us want to check out on Saturday based on how we were treated in food and beverage and the front desk. Money not well spent for a trip we looked forward to for a friends wedding at the Biltmore and to come and find out that the staff at the Biltmore Estate said the Brand Bohemian is known for not having good customer service and being attitude and rude to guests. If they have that repuation in Ashville among locals then there is a major problem with leadership within the hotel and the culture they are allowing to spill over into the overall guest experience which is negative, rude and not enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GBHA_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I’m truly sorry to hear that your stay did not turn out as you expected and apologize for the lounge food and service concerns you expressed. Please accept my apology for the lack of service you received in the lounge for your dinner Friday evening and your bar lunch on Saturday. It appears that we missed just about every standard of service that we hold so high. Totally embarrassing and again I am truly sorry. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on our bar food and service. Your feedback is very important to us and shared with hotel management so necessary corrective measures can be taken. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future should your travels lead you back to the Asheville area. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Respectfully,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My trip to Asheville was amazing. The hotel was not. Was there to look at real estate. I was offered an upgrade being a Marriott Rewards member online 2 days before I arrived only to find out when I checked in that it had not been processed as requested. My reservation at the resturaunt Red Stag was not made as asked and I had to make it myself. Later after sitting at the bar area my first night I just canceled it for I felt the resturaunt was abit noisey and service lacking. There must have been some thing going on in the hotel because it was like a free for all in the hallways with children. I was awaken quite early to kids outside my door screaming and crying and it continued even after I called down to the front desk. Their response was "we must have a wedding party or some thing staying at the hotel". First of all for the pricing (well over 300 a night) I would of expected better management of the grounds and a much more adult and upscale type of guest that doesn't allow their kids to run freely in the halls. Second someone should of at least came up to the area and ask the parents to settle the kids down or better yet bring them into their rooms. Warning ! Do not stay near the spa area otherwise you'll get an eye full from guests in open robes especially getting on and off the elevator. Also if you have allergies the smell of incense/oils/creams will set them off from the open door to the Spa and it goes all the way to your room door. I did like the room,car valets were very friendly but house keeping missed my room to be be cleaned my first night. (maybe because at end of the hall) Not a big deal as I used the room very little and know how to pick up after myself. The hotel reminds me of a newlyweds place with the odd bathrooms where doors open up to the bed area from the bath tub. The shower is barely big enough for 1 person where as the toilet area is twice the size...very odd. The street noise outside can be heard as its next to the Biltmore Estate entrance but wasn't much of a bother. Will try a different place next visit.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Spa door entrance or even on Floor # 3. Rooms near the entrance to the Biltmore E...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Husband and I were planning a getaway to Grove Park Inn (spa!), and got this advice from locals: STAY at the Grand Bohemian, and spend a spa day at Grove Park Inn. Best advice ever!! I can not describe to you how amazing the atmosphere is at Grand Bohemian. In addition to the hotel, we enjoyed exploring all the restaurants and shops in the Biltmore village. Our room was amazing, plush, and just fabulous.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building and loved it.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
GBHA_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent experience. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Asheville and your stay at the Grand Bohemian Hotel.

Kind regards,
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights recently. I expected a truly luxury hotel, and in some ways it was very nice. The lobby is small but impressive with a western hunting lodge theme - huge fireplace, comfortable seating and gorgeous artwork from the gallery connected with the hotel. We only had breakfast in the Red Stag Grill, but it was very good and fairly reasonably priced. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. The location is good especially if you want to visit the Biltmore Estate, although traffic is bad in the area and the entrance to the hotel is a bit hard to find.

The problem I had with the hotel, was our guest room, particularly the design of the bathroom. The room was nice but fairly small considering the room rate - two queen beds, one easy chair, a small desk, flat screen TV. The bathroom was quite large but a very large percentage of the space was devoted to an enormous tub. We aren't tub users, and the shower was tiny, barely phone booth sized. In addition, it had a rain showerhead which is great in a large shower, but in a small one you have no choice but to wash your hair every day since there is no way to avoid getting your hair wet. There are folding doors by the tub that open to the bedroom itself, which was a bit odd. I think because of that, there also is a door to the small room with the toilet, which opens right by the sink. It's all just very awkward and not particularly usable.

One other thing. It didn't appear to be possible to have the light by the beds on without also having the overhead light, entryway light, and small lights above the paintings on as well.

We enjoyed our stay, but it just wasn't quite what we expected.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share a review about your recent visit. I’m happy to hear the hotel staff was very welcoming and friendly. You are correct that our location is good especially if you want to visit the Biltmore Estate. In regards to your bathroom, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. We could show you other room types with slightly different bathroom layouts if given another opportunity on your next visit to Asheville. Please do not hesitate to contact me, if I can be of additional assistance.

Kind regards,
John Luckett

Been to Grand Bohemian Hotel Asheville, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!