“Good Beer But ...” 2 of 5 stars

Charlotte, NC
12 attraction reviews
“Good Beer But ...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The tasting room and outdoor area needs a very serious upgrade if they are going to compete with the other breweries for your tasting dollars. It's really just that simple. I am confident they'll get there over time but for now and at minimum the least they can do is clean up the outside area. It is not very appealing. Having a food truck onsite would be a good idea too!

Visited October 2013

Asheville, North Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“An Asheville Classic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I just love this place. While I can't say the beers here are my favorite, they are very, very good. Their Barley Wine is one of the best around, actually; but what keeps me coming back, week after week, is the atmosphere.

Aerial is the best bartender alive, pints down. My husband and I both adore her, and while that's a big part of it, there's more to it than that. It's the atmosphere in general, I suppose. I feel like I am among family, even though I don't always talk to the other customers. It's like being in Minnesota ice fishing, minus the ice and the polka music. I keep thinking I'm on the set of "Grumpy Old Men."

Your visit to Asheville would not be complete without a visit to French Broad. They are open daily from 1 pm until 8 pm, with lots of great restaurants within either walking distance or a few blocks' drive to Biltmore Village. French Broad Brewery is a classic, one you will want to read over and over again!

Visited July 2013
New Jersey
9 attraction reviews
“Great hang out with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went here during my short visit to Asheville. We loved the flight $7 tasting of different local brews. I think its a great place to come afterwork or during the weekend for some good beer and good music.

Visited May 2013
Seminole, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great local brewery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

If you are like us we seek out tasty local craft beers when traveling. Asheville has it all, hard to narrow it down. French broad handsome great beers including IPA my favorite. Small, good bands and pretzels. Worth a taste or two.

Visited May 2013
ATLANTA, GA
6 attraction reviews
“Great selection and prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great selection, service and prices. Mon. special $2.50 pints.
You can buy a "flight" for $7 which gives you a descent sample of seven of there beers.

Visited January 2013