“A great way to disconnect, relax and recharge!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 102 Activities in Asheville
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“A great way to disconnect, relax and recharge!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

We relaxed in the outdoor jacuzzi listening to the birds and soaking in the sun. Next, we had a couples Thai massage that was amazing!!!! This retreat is so zen - nestled away on the side of a mountain. I can't wait to go back!

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Ahhhh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

My partner and I traveled to Asheville last week. We spent a relaxing evening at Shoji. We were greeted by the receptionist and shown to the shower area, which was great. The shower gel, shampoo and lotions were great. If you are skeptical about taking your husband or boyfriend here I wouldn’t worry – this place isn’t overly feminine. The scents were very masculine and natural.
We were shown to our tub area and the cold plunge as well as the cedar sauna. We spent an hour between the 3 areas. Breathing in the spring mountain air while relaxing in the tub was an unforgettable experience.
Next we met our massage therapists. We opted for the “Essential Delight” package which included a dry brush exfoliation and a 90 minute aromatherapy massage. This was the best massage I have ever received. The dry brushing left my skin feeling better than I have ever remembered and the massage was out of this world.
I was very impressed overall by the entire experience. The only thing I did not like was the parking. I realize that they only have so much room up on the mountain, but another guest all but blocked me in and it took me several minutes to maneuver my way out of the parking area. I think that they should offer parking at the bottom of the mountain somewhere and offer a shuttle service to take you back and forth.

Hunley99
3 attraction reviews
“The perfect escape...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

Shoji is nestled high on a mountain top (just outside of Asheville) with gracious staff and expertly trained therapists. The soaking tubs are strategically placed around the grounds. And if you go during sunset, the views will make the relaxing trip totally fantastic.

After splurging and staying at the Grove Park Inn for a few days, we chose to try Shoji for the first time this week and we were not disappointed. We arrived for a soak, then couples massage, and although the schedule was packed full and running behind, the staff took extraordinary care of us. We felt like we were the only ones there!

We will definitely return.

Weaverville, NC
“Total Bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I visited Shoji recently with my fiance. After having a wonderful brunch in downtown Asheville, we headed up the mountain to Shoji. From the moment we entered the spa the staff was warm and friendly. They made us feel like we were the ones at the spa. We began our experience with a soak in an outdoor hot tub. The views and the setting are amazing. It was so nice to be overlooking the Blue Ridge Parkway from the comfort of our very own hot tub. We also had a couples massage that was done side by side in front a toasty fire. It was exacly the escape we needed. It's too bad everyday is not that relaxing!

Houston, Texas
36 attraction reviews
“Shoji Retreat- the best Spa Experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

My husband and I booked the Shiso Summer Deluxe package for 2 on their website for our 4th of July trip to Asheville. I was kind of hesitant after reading the one review on Trip Advisor but I thought one bad review is just one persons' view. I will tell you that this was by far the best Spa Experience we have ever had- better than the Grove Park Inn and for less than 1/2 the price. The Retreat is located at the top of the mountain about 10 minutes from downtown Asheville. We soaked in the private outdoor hot tub for an hour and also used the cold plunge pool. The private tub area was extremely clean and well maintained. We could close the door to the tub area for privacy but still enjoy the mountain views from the tub. It was fantastic. After our soak we were taken to an upstairs area in the main building for our couples massage and face massage with mask and foot scrub. All I can say is it was heaven! Now that I have found this spa I won't be going back to Grove Park or any other spa (we tried Sensibilities Day Spa located downtown a couple of years ago and it was not a relaxing experience) again. The staff was very welcoming and helpfull and provided excellent service all around.