“The spa that stresses you out” 1 of 5 stars

828-299-0999
Website
Improve this listing
columbus, ohio
“The spa that stresses you out”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2008

Me and two of my friends were visiting Asheville this past weekend. We drove in from three different states and had to return Sunday, so Saturday was our only full day in town. We decided to schedule hour-long massages at Shoji at 3pm. Because it was in the middle of the day, we were forced to schedule the rest of our day around the massage. When we arrived, the woman at the desk told us there was a mix-up and she couldn’t get anyone to give us massages until 3:30. We told her we had tickets to see the Biltmore at 5, so if the massages didn’t start at exactly 3:30, we would be late. She promised it would be no problem and offered for us to use the hot tub while we waited. My friends agreed, though it looked disgusting to me, so I waited by the side. The woman didn’t even get my friends into the hot tub until 3:20 (she ignored us completely for twenty minutes.) Knowing it would be a rush, we asked her to run our credit cards early. By 3:35 she hadn’t gotten us in for our massage and still hadn’t run the credit cards. We had to leave after 40 minutes of her promising something she knew she couldn’t provide. Did she offer us a massage the next day? No. She just stood there saying, “I don’t know what to say.” How about telling us the truth? She never had the massage therapists available to accommodate us, and she wasted our afternoon lying about it. I would not only never go back, I will make sure I tell as many people as possible to avoid this place. So poorly run and dirty, it is a joke.