“WONDERFUL Family holiday!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Campfire Lodgings

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Campfire Lodgings
You added Campfire Lodgings to your Saves list
116 Appalachian Village Road, Asheville, NC 28804   |
Cincinnati, Ohio
“WONDERFUL Family holiday!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and 5 year old daughter stayed in Yurt #1 for three nights over memorial day. This campground is small, yet gorgeous! The view is breathtaking!! Our Yurt was extremely clean,functional and comfortable. Our 5 year old was super comfy on the blow up mattress as my wife an i had the queen bed. The Yurt had a/c, a fridge, and a microwave. Our Yurt did NOT have a bathroom, but it wasn't a problem at all. The restrooms and shower house was a short walk. The restrooms and showers were VERY clean, and convenient.
The staff was excellent. Andee was great! People who have bad reviews on here with regard to her must be really uptight, and shouldn't go camping anyway. We LOVED the staff! People gathered each night at the common view area for sunsets that were simply stunning. The best part of the view is that it looked different every single day. Sunset was different each night!
Location was great. An easy 10 minute drive to downtown Asheville. We also went to Pisgah National Forest which took only 40 minutes and was worth it! Sliding Rock is an experience not to be missed. We LOVED this place and will definitely be back with our pop-up camper next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Well maintained RV / camping sites with breathtaking views of a valley with the Appalachian mountains in the distance. Friendly, accommodating staff. A wonderful experience. Although you're only a few miles off I-26, you would think you're in the middle of nowhere.

Stayed April 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We booked a premium site and had my parents joining us for an RV site. We had a problem and booked the wrong date. To shorten it the women called the day we booked and was extremely aggressive and rude.She was raising her voice and became nasty. I was actually thinking someone was prank calling me because she was so rude. I ended up hanging up on her and she called me back. She said I needed to get this straight because we were screwing her? I was honestly so shocked I didn't know what to do or say. It got so bad I hung up on her. She called back and said she was not no way in hell giving us a refund but would give us a crappy overflow spot but we would not get a refund for the extra we paid for. After talking it over with the other parties we decided to hell with this place and this women we ended up paying for a place we didn't go to. I hate to be so negative but if you read around this women is mentioned many many times and she is serious problem. I wish I had listen to those reviews but I have never encountered anyone this bad on my travels and we are in the airline business. So we paid for a site we never even seen and I really urge anyone who is thinking of going to stay far away unless it comes under new ownership..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
yurts, Manager at Campfire Lodgings, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I am sorry for YOUR experience but it was NOT even close to the exchange we had on the phone. This was a booking/date mistake on your part and I tried to accommodate you as best I could. Your description is not even exaggerated it's completely untrue. Hanging up on customers, using foul language, and improper grammar are not behaviors that I exhibit.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We were searching for a close campground for a quick, 1st of the season check on the operation of our travel trailer. We found this place online and decided to go for it and boy are we ever glad we did!
The staff are incredibly helpful -- trust me on this-- we couldn't figure out why some of our electrical wasn't working but they willingly helped us figure it out. The next day, a cold/windy/rainy morning, I managed to lock myself out of the camper IN MY P.J.'s and they helped me get back in (despite being almost mauled by my dog) just as cheerfully as you please.
Add to that the incredible views (yeah, even for a local), the pristine grounds, the little hiking trails, the peace and quiet and you've got an absolute winner in my opinion.
The only thing I would warn folks about is that this campground is on top of a ridge, and the road winding up it is steep and narrow. Of course, if you call ahead, they will be happy to hold any campers from coming down on your way up. Besides, it's completely worth it.
FYI: they have something for every camper -- full hook ups, tent sites and even a few yurts - one of which I may reserve for my next anniversary.
Go. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hobe Sound, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Campfire Lodgings and by no means our last. The facility is small, but that is certainly not a negative, but a positive thing. Our daughter was able to ride her bike safely throughout the campground and still be very close to our site. The views...wow magnificent and even if you don't get one of the P-sites they have graciously allotted a section for everyone to enjoy the views from a few adirondack chairs. The people...very nice owners extremely accommodating and Can't forget Jason, whatever you need he takes care of you. Its very close to downtown asheville (10 minutes) but still in a wooded setting.
If you are looking for all the bells and whistles this is probably not going to be your favorite place, but if you want to stay at a very well run, clean, comfortable, spectacular place then do yourself a favor, stay here you will not be sorry.
See you there....

Room Tip: The premium site are spectacular...but all the rest are great too. Not really a bad site in the whol...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We tend to shy away from private campgrounds but this one had good ratings so we gave it a try. Glad we did. The staff is so nice and always ready to help. Stormy told us about Big Foot hikes at night and other activities they can do if you call ahead! Great yurts and the premium RV sites are out of this world. They overlook the ridge and are breathtaking. The only two drawbacks were the small sites with little privacy and the interstate noise in the distance. I'm very sensitive to noise and I have to say that did bother me but then the leaves weren't on the trees to buffer it and you are close to Asheville so it's to be expected. I just turned our fan on for white noise at night. It's not "loud" by any means, but it is there. I'd recommended this place to anyone wanting to experience Asheville. Very nice time indeed!

• Stayed April 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Campfire lodgings has it all - incredible views, fantastic grounds, terrific staff. We will be back!!!! One word of advice - if you arrive early call the office to avoid encountering another rig on the road. The winding road up to the camp ground does not accommodate 2 rigs passing.

Rick and Judith

Room Tip: The premium spots have the best view!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Campfire Lodgings? Share your experiences!