“Near Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on biltmore estate

Inn on biltmore estate
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Indiana
“Near Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at the Inn several times but never had dinner at the Dining Room. Decided I would remedy that this time around. Came 1/2 hour early which wasn't an issue. Window table had lovely mountain view. Menu looked pretty heavy for me so went with three course meal. Beautiful presentation and very fresh tasting. First course was asparagus with a hard boiled egg from Chef's chickens! Second course of filet mignon cooked to perfection and huge portion for me. I was not thrilled with third course creme brûlée- which was good- but sort of had chocolate on my mind. Server Elijah quickly brought incredible chocolate cheesecake instead. Heavenly!!!!!!! Huge portion!! Bread was super especially gougeres. I mentioned that I would have been perfectly content with the mushroom soup and a plate of gougeres, and was brought gougere recipe tied up in a red ribbon. Wonderful experience!! Yes, a bit pricey but I expected that and thought it was worth it. Service was impeccable. Have had breakfast in Dining Room several times. Even though breakfast is a meal I typically don't eat, I always have it here. The buffet is fantastic. Love the cheese blitzes and baked French toast. Very nice a la carte menu but buffet sooooooo good!! Morning servers also excellent. Highly recommend.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Reserve Early but Enjoy the Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We dined here on a January evening, and we almost didn't stay. When we arrived, despite the 1/2 empty dining room, the host kept us waiting for our scheduled reservation time. We sat and waited in the lobby, despite believing we could be seated. I understand balancing the floor for the servers and the kitchen, but having us sit and wait while we stared at empty tables was a bit frustrating.

Still, once we were seated, the food was delicious. The service attentive. And the atmosphere was cozy.

Prices are on the higher side--some may not be convinced the food quality is worth the price, but we enjoyed the experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Excellent food and service - but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We decided to eat at the Inn on Biltmore Estate in early January 2013 as we heard it was very good. We did not realize how "upscale" it was and felt a bit underdressed in nice jeans and button-down shirts, so I was initially a bit uncomfortable, but no one made us feel that we were unwelcome. Our food was truly outstanding and the service was very good. Since it was dark out we didn't get to experience any of the views, but I understand that it is very scenic. That said, I think the prices were a little high ($175 for one salad, two dinners, one glass of wine, and two desserts).

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Fresh everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Trout was quite fetching, without being super-fatted or over-sauced. Excellent California wine with the Vanderbilt brand, and dessert was perfect.

Visited March 2013
Clinton, Tennessee
“fish n chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Ate at the Library Lounge, had fish and chips, tasted very good but small portion. Tried to order draft beer, none available as tubing wasn't operative.

Visited February 2013