“Only had lunch” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Havana Restaurant

Havana Restaurant
1 Battle Square, Asheville, NC 28801 (Downtown Asheville)
+1 828-252-1611
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
“Only had lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Empanadas are great, Cuban sandwich made of pulled not sliced pork, and bread was not a flattened, crusty "Italian"-like but a grilled softer thing with more grease (fat) than necessary. I shouldn't need to wash my hands after eating a Cuban sandwich, but I had to here.
Based on the Empanadas I'd be willing to try other items. I won't have a Cuban again though.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Tennessee
“A nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Our family was pleasantly surprised when we happened upon this restaurant for an early dinner. Our server was friendly and attentive, and the food was excellent. We will be eating here again soon.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Slow service, decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

I am never impressed with the food at Havana's. I love Cuban cuisine & I feel that theirs is not very authentic. The service was very slow. The server was friendly but hardly ever checked back on us & let our tea glasses remain empty for quite some time. They were very slow with only 3 other tables in the entire restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oregon
“Good food, should be more people there”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I suppose that since there are so many good restaurants in Asheville it is hared to pick one. Havana Cuban Cuisine is not upscale, but the food is well prepared and tastes great.

Visited May 2012
Washington, Georgia
“Good food, questionable service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Me and my bf went late on a Saturday night. We went after a trolley tour and got there around 9:30. The older man that greeted us was very kind and got us a table and menu right away, however, our waiter took quite awhile to get our drink orders. There was live music going on when we arrived and that was very enjoyable. The food was absolutely delicious. The bf ordered the Pressed Cuban Sandwich dinner and I must say that after stealing a bite it was by far the best Cuban sandwich I have ever tasted. The pork was sublime and there was perfect balance between the mayo, mustard, ham, pulled pork, and pickle. I ordered the Havana Sampler and was rewarded with a delicious meal too. I was not impressed with the rice and beans, however the rest of my meal was delish. I found if you added a little salsa to the rice and beans, it will make it tastier. Over all, I will go back to this restaurant the next time we are in Asheville. The food is just too good to pass up over one late night of questionable service.

• Visited April 2012