“Jerk tofu!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Austin, Texas
“Jerk tofu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

This little place serves flavorful Jamaican dishes, and as a vegetarian I was very pleased that many of the entrees offered tofu as an option seasoned with the same jerk spices as the meats. Entrees come with a nice salad with very tasty dressings and seasoned bread. Many entrees allow you to order the amount of heat you want in your dish, and I was grateful the waitress suggested that I not order "hot" because the "medium" was plenty spicy - and she was right!
The place itself is a tad noisy, so it's not the place to go if you want to engage in a lot of conversation with your dining companions, but if your goal is a good Caribbean meal, this is a good choice.

Visited June 2013

Greenville, South Carolina
“I would eat here everyday if I could!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is my second review of Nine Mile because it has to be the best food I have ever eaten. Seriously, My husband and I considered going back two evenings in a row and ordering the same thing.

Visited May 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“Yummy and affordable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I found Nine Mile to be not only very good but affordable. A short wait and we had our seats. Each entrée comes with a salad and natty bread. I wanted more of the bread. We had Pressure Drop and Cool Runnings and both where good. If you are not too hungry you could share. A good, fresh meal for a good price.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Something for everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We ate here for the first time recently. As reported by many other diners, the atmosphere is casual and the food is fresh, well-prepared, and is offered at a variety of levels of spiciness. Our party of 4 contained 2 who like it spicy and two who don't and we were all very happy with our food choices. Many of their dishes are pasta-based and they will just bring you a bowl of freshly cooked pasta with butter or marinara sauce if that's what you want. Their signature bread was yummy, yummy and loaded with garlic. It's a crowded, popular place and you may have to wait but the wait is well worth it. We went without reservations around 7:30 on a very rainy Sunday evening and had to wait only about 25 min. We'll be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Yummy for the tummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

What can I say, only in town for three days and dined here twice! The food was really good, the beer cold and the coconut cake to die for.

Visited May 2013