“Fabulous Dinner and Evening” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Beaufort, SC
“Fabulous Dinner and Evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time this evening when visiting this restaurant. The chef's wife was so lovely and welcoming and she was very pleasant the whole night helping serve our meal. My husband had the sirloin steak which he said was delicious and I had the lamb loin with cherries and also a mint pesto . I can honestly say it was one of the very best dishes I have ever had. Everyone in the restaurant was having so much fun and there was friendly banter between the guest at the other tables. We are moving to Asheville and we just know this is going to be one of our favorite place to eat. Great job chef!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Asheville
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were excited to try Stone House after hearing many good things about it. Ultimately though it comes down to food and service and both were lacking here. We spent a full two hours here for dinner and that was time for an entree only (and the salad that comes before it). This with only 5 tables full. The food was certainly not bad but it also wasn't memorable. I had a cornish hen which was well cooked but it had been advertised as being in a Thai sauce with tomato, ginger and coconut cream. There was no trace of ginger or of coconut in the sauce. We may return a second time simply because it is so close to us, and perhaps we hit an off night but it would have to improve substantially.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I returned to Stone House Market again this year while in Asheville. The food was excellent as in the past. The menu changes weekly based on local availability. We anxiously anticipated what would be on their chalkboard menu posting prior to arrival. My husband had crab ravioli which was excellent based on his empty plate. I had their grilled chicken breast with lemon fennel sauce with homemade noodles which was excellent as well. They seem to have some version on chicken with noodles each time we have gone. As previously stated in the majority of the reviews relax and enjoy your dinner. It may take 2 plus hours to eat since everything is made to order. The wine selection is very limited with only a couple of reds and whites to chose from. If you are very picky on what you drink I would suggest bringing a bottle of your favorite and have them uncork for you. The restaurant is off the beaten path only 4 or 5 mile from downtown. I highly suggest trying for yourself.

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“A unique experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yeah, its out of the way and a little different, even by Asheville standards, but its a wonderful dining experience. Cozy, comfortable and welcoming, with a diverse clientele. Limited menu with only three or four choices posted on a chalk board and wine by the glass just described by the hostess. But the food is marvelous! Our meals included fresh mussels, lamb chops prepared with dates and tart cherries, and a fabulous bread pudding with caramel sauce. Your GPS will get you there and its only 10 minutes out of town. Don't miss it!

• Visited May 2013
Chesterfield, Virginia
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just a lovely mom and pop restaurant in a location you wouldn't expect for a tourist. It's hidden in the hills of Asheville in a residential area - not anywhere you could find this without using GPS. I was a little concerned on our way there. I wasn't sure what I was getting into. What was amazing was the quality of the food for the price we paid. I had lamb chops and my wife had crab stuffed ravioli (homemade). Both were excellent, but don't expect the menu to be consistent. I think they change it every night. I think we tallied up $50 for two before tip.

It's very small, so make sure you call ahead!

• Visited May 2013