“Back again” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I returned to Stone House Market again this year while in Asheville. The food was excellent as in the past. The menu changes weekly based on local availability. We anxiously anticipated what would be on their chalkboard menu posting prior to arrival. My husband had crab ravioli which was excellent based on his empty plate. I had their grilled chicken breast with lemon fennel sauce with homemade noodles which was excellent as well. They seem to have some version on chicken with noodles each time we have gone. As previously stated in the majority of the reviews relax and enjoy your dinner. It may take 2 plus hours to eat since everything is made to order. The wine selection is very limited with only a couple of reds and whites to chose from. If you are very picky on what you drink I would suggest bringing a bottle of your favorite and have them uncork for you. The restaurant is off the beaten path only 4 or 5 mile from downtown. I highly suggest trying for yourself.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Pinehurst, North Carolina
“A unique experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Yeah, its out of the way and a little different, even by Asheville standards, but its a wonderful dining experience. Cozy, comfortable and welcoming, with a diverse clientele. Limited menu with only three or four choices posted on a chalk board and wine by the glass just described by the hostess. But the food is marvelous! Our meals included fresh mussels, lamb chops prepared with dates and tart cherries, and a fabulous bread pudding with caramel sauce. Your GPS will get you there and its only 10 minutes out of town. Don't miss it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chesterfield, Virginia
“What a treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just a lovely mom and pop restaurant in a location you wouldn't expect for a tourist. It's hidden in the hills of Asheville in a residential area - not anywhere you could find this without using GPS. I was a little concerned on our way there. I wasn't sure what I was getting into. What was amazing was the quality of the food for the price we paid. I had lamb chops and my wife had crab stuffed ravioli (homemade). Both were excellent, but don't expect the menu to be consistent. I think they change it every night. I think we tallied up $50 for two before tip.

It's very small, so make sure you call ahead!

“Delicious dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled upon this restaurant while researching a place to eat upon arrival in Asheville. I'm so glad we decided to try it! The husband and wife team do an amazing job of taking such good care of the folks who dine in this unique restaurant! Food was absolutely delicious!!! Service was friendly and not rushed. They have limited seating, so call and make a reservation, you will be glad you did!!

Asheville, North Carolina
“BEST DINING EXPERIENCE YET!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We live in West Asheville, North Carolina and found this out of the way quaint little restaurant that's run by a husband/wife team. It's only open Thursday - Sunday from 6 p.m. til whenever they serve the last seating. Reservations are a must as seating is limited. The telephone number is 828-252-1200. I have to tell you the food was exceptional and very well prepared. It's definitely gourmet but not gourmet prices. The menu is very limited and prices ranged from 17.00 to 24.00 last evening. They serve homemade bread with each meal. They also serve several different kinds of beer and a limited variety of red and white wine. There were four adults in our party and not one complaint about the food. The atmosphere is warm and cozy. If you're in a hurry this is not the place to go. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013