“Good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Anderson, South Carolina
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were in town and just wanted some hibachi. Found this place while walking around. The restaurant is a little tucked away, and the inside is a little dated and dark. The food was excellent. The cook was a delight and very funny. I did not have the sushi but the lady next to me did and it looked beautiful and she said it was great. Portions were good size. We would go again if in the area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Asheville, North Carolina
“BEEN EATING HERE FOR YEARS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

what i love the most is how i am treated.......i moved to the uk over two years ago but everytime i visit home i go to ichuban and they always come and give me hugs/greetings........i really miss this place and the excellent food

Visited April 2013
lexington,ky
“Confused”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The location is a little tucked away and hard to find. We arrived after the dinner rush and was promptly seated.Our order was taken .Appettizers and sushi were delivered with satisfaction .The tempuri was good and delish the sushi was good the chef came out and delivered an average show then the confution started I had order the chicken and steak but recieved steak,chicken,and shrimp no such option on the menu another family had order the shrimp the chef was confused and gave this to me and the person seated next to me.Our friend had ordered house wine and was told that the premium wine was served leading to our waitress disappearing for fiffteen minutes trying to decifer the issue which was never quite resolved.Might be better if we had arrived a rush tim?

Visited April 2013
“What a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ended up at this restaurant after realizing that yoshidas, another local Japanese restaurant, was closed. I called ahead and was informed that the last seating was at 9:45. We arrived at 9:31 to an empty restaurant. They say us at an uncomfortable booth (we expected to be sat at a grill.) Disappointment number one. The server was not enthused at all that we were there. She brought us drinks, placed our order, brought our order to us (at that point she asked "do you need anything else because the kitchen is closed?") and we never saw her again (kind of.) I had to get up and ask a worker walking by for a to go box. Which took over 5 minutes. The server then brought our check and we left. Also, mine and my boyfriends shrimp were overlooked. Decor inside is drab. Service is drab. Food is drab. Go to yoshidas or wasabi. Don't waste your money!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Standard sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Had sushi for lunch last week. I thought it was a good value. The sushi tasted fresh and the fish portions were pretty good for rolls. I would go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere