“Service and safety issues” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #32 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Seguin, Texas, USA
“Service and safety issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The toilet seat was loose. This was reported as soon as we found the problem, which was about 3 pm on the day we arrived.
It was still not fixed correctly when we left a day and a half later. Management tried to make up for this by offerring free breakfast. That was okay, but the problem should have been fixed. The hotel was also undergoing roof repair or maintenance,
My husband and I also felt that the bathtub was very difficult to get into and out of for a shower, because of how close the toilet was to the tub. It felt unsafe, so we had to help each other do that. In the vanity area, the only electrical outlet was under the towel rack, so you had to reach under the towels to use the outlet. They should have been on opposite walls.

Room Tip: Inspect the room and check the bath, toilet, and vanity areas for safety and ease of use. Be sure t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
JackM-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Asheville, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for staying with us while you were in Asheville. Please accept my apology that our maintenance team did not address the loose toilet seat as they should have during your stay. I have spoken to both the front desk staff and the maintenance staff of making sure any type of issue is addressed immediately to be corrected. From your review, I would guess that you were in one our rooms with the spa tub in the bathroom. Due to the enlarged tub, the toilet is close to the tub. The tub also has a higher step to get in and out of the tub. I am hoping that these issues can be resolved during our next renovation. I agree that the location of the outlet in the vanity area, right below the towel rack was a poor design choice. We have doubles up our towels when the hang so as to not cover up the outlet. We will try to correct that as well during the next renovation. Thanks again for staying with us, we look forward to your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was a stop off on the Parkway drive, we didn't make a reservation in advance but based our choice on TA reviews.
The desk staff were welcoming, providing local information and extra toiletries when requested.
The room was clean, light, fresh smelling with clean linens and comfortable beds.
My wife and our young daughter enjoyed using the swimming pool, my wife also enjoyed the gym.
Our only criticism-soundproofing, to be specific, the ceilings. We were bothered by the 'elephants' on the floor above, the creaking and almost shaking of the ceilings. This was also noticed in the corridors and other guests mentioned this as well, a shame in such a newish building.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I made last minute reservations for a trip to Biltmore Estate to attend a wedding. The package included the stay at Courtyard Marriott. Check-in was easy, all staff were friendly and the room was wonderful. The beds are so comfortable that I slept well both nights we were there. Room condition was excellent, roomy & clean. The b'fast was really good. I had the b'fast BLT with fruit and orange juice. The food was fresh and hot. There was a Carrabas right across the parking lot that was also excellent and very convenient.

Room Tip: Rooms are very quiet but the backside has the best view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I went for a get away to the Biltmore. We stayed at this hotel because I like to stay at Mariott's when I travel. The hotel was clean, the room was average size, but SMELLED! After opening the window the odor left, but still was musty smelling. The front desk when we checked in was not helpful and although not rude, definitely not what I am used to with Mariott's When we checked out the Assist. Manager and the front desk worker were VERY nice and helpful. I do not know if I would stay at this hotel again, but would definitely stay at another Mariott. Also, they did not clean our room the next day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JackM-GM, General Manager at Courtyard Asheville, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were visiting the Biltmore Estate. Please accept my apology that our desk clerk at check-in did not seem above average. All clerks have been reminded of what is expected of them and how our guests should be greeted. I am glad that your departure experience was much better. Also, with regards to the odor in the room, we do not use any chemicals to mask over any odors in the room, but they certainly should be odor neutral. We certainly could have swithced your room for you or treated it mechanically had we been notified. Why your room was not serviced by housekeeping, is hard to figure out without knowing what room you had stayed in. Sometimes we get our signals wrong from our guests with regards to service, for example of "do not disturb" signs left on the doors by mistake. We will always do what we can, even after housekeeping has left for the day when we find this out. Thank you again for staying with us while you were in Asheville.
Corbin, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

This was a great overnight stop. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and friendly. The indoor pool was nice for the kids after a day of hiking. There was chain restaurant next door for easy supper. Great night stay!

• Stayed October 2012
Warwick, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Enjoyed the mountains, and found the Courtyard to be conveniently located with just a short hop through the tunnel to Downtown. Nicely situated too, for easy access to the Mall just a couple of minutes away. Had a nightmare with the wifi at this hotel, though, and after an initial couple of hours where as was fine it became flakey. We tried everything to get it to work properly and eventually gave up. The following morning in conversation with Jack, the General Manager it became clear that the wifi is in need of replacement. You mentioned, Jack, that it needs some customer complaints to get something done, so please take this as one (although in a nice way).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Concord, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I am a Marriott member and requested a king bed. When I reserved my room, they only had rooms with two full size beds. At check-in I asked about a king and they didn't have any, but the manager said give me a minute to see what I can do and he gave me a free upgrade to a corner suite. I didn't expect this and was grateful. Breakfast staff gave outstanding service. Marriott has an extremely good customer service program. The lobby has been updated at this location.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side of the hotel for a better view and less noise from the parking lot.
Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Asheville? Share your experiences!