“Extended Stay Management” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd.

You added Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd. to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 Kenilworth Knoll, Asheville, NC 28805   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #48 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
“Extended Stay Management”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Sabrina at Extended Stay America in Asheville, NC was extraordinarily helpful in arranging for lodging for my daughter while she is in Asheville attending training. She went above and beyond to ensure she was accommodated.

Room Tip: Plan ahead
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

If at all possible, do not stay here. You should find somewhere else to stay. The thought of having a kitchen in your room was a nice idea. This Extended Stay is in serious need of rennovation. The bed broke twice.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is mixed smoking and non-smoking rooms. If you must stay here and want to avoid second han...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd., responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are so disappointed that our hotel failed to meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, our maintenance staff will be inspecting each bed. Just so you are aware, our hotel will be receiving a renovation soon and we invite you to come back and give us another chance to go above and beyond for you.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We invite you to contact us, at ash2@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. I have been to other Extended Stays nationwide for business and fun. This one was not modern or fully equipped. But the rooms and sheets were clean. That AC and appliances worked well. For the price I'm very glad we stayed. They are remodeling so I look forward to my next stay.

Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd., responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Christine - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and that our staff provided you with quality service.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Was sent here on a business trip.

I checked in and from the moment I walked in I knew it was a mistake. The lobby and the elevator smelled stale.

But the worst was yet to come.

The hallways are dirty and stink of cigarrette smoke, mildew and stale air freshener. My room was disgusting. The bed was old and rickety. The carpets were dirty and looked like they had NEVER been cleaned since the hotel opened. The living area is small and made smaller by the kitchen. The bathroom was dirty. There was no toilet paper and only two towels for the whole week. Most hotels give you at least four and they change them daily.

Worst of all was the smell. The amount of air freshener they use is OVERWHELMING. So much so that I could hardly breathe. I suppose they do that because the alternative would be worst.

I checked out immediately. And I mean within one hour of checking in.

Later on a friend of mine at work told me that there had been several muggings there.

I went to the Holiday Inn down the street. I would advise you to do the same.

One more thing; they adverstise free internet but that is deceiving. The "free" internet you get is VERY slow. If you want internet with a normal speed you have to pay more.

Room Tip: Don't even get near this place.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd., responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Ariel - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we are working on a new procedure for cleaning and odor control. We take cleanliness very seriously and will be striving to ensure your experience is not repeated. We are also scheduled for a renovation in the near future.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at tharrington@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will return to our hotel in the future so we can show you our positive strides taken to improve your experience.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

The hotels I have stayed at before in Asheville were all booked so I decided to stay here and give it a try. I had never stayed at this hotel/chain before. The room and bathroom were extremely dirty, the floor was sticky, the towels were stained and the bathtub looked like if had never been cleaned. Let's not talk about the mildew. I cannot believe this place is in operation. We were there for one night and did not take a shower because we were so disgusted with the filth. I will never ever stay at an Extended Stay America again. This hotel is not even fit for animals.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd., responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I apologize that the cleanliness and overall condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to review our cleaning standards and procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience in the future.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one night. I was being put up here by an organization and kind of crammed my stuff in the room briefly. Overall the room was great, I loved the bed size and the tv was definitely worthy of mentioning but the whole reason I am even here is to talk about my experience with lost and found. I left a brand new pair of prescription glasses there for a week before I noticed. I called them this morning and spoke to a very nice lady at the desk who informed me, after only a few minutes of questions, informed me they were there. It would have been so easy for someone to walk off with them, and I appreciate the small things like that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd., responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your large bed and the TV in your room. As well, I am happy that we were able to assist in getting your glasses returned to you. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again in the future.
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is one of the worse hotels I have stayed at. The cover on the bed was dirty like a dog had laid on it. The beds were stained. The bathroom was dirty. The clean cover was very old and falling apart. We found bedbugs. Staff was not helpful. There was no manager after a certain hour and none could be reached until morning. I ended up with a horrible virus/bronchial. This is not acceptable. Horrible!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd.

Address: 6 Kenilworth Knoll, Asheville, NC 28805
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #48 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Asheville - Tunnel Rd. Hotel Asheville
Extended Stay America Asheville
Extended Stay Asheville

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Asheville - Tunnel Rd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.