“Nice Place, Nice Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall
Ranked #25 of 59 hotels in Asheville
Henderson, Nevada
“Nice Place, Nice Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had to stay in the area for a week ... this place suit our needs nicely. We got a king bed suite which is a king bed in one big room. "Suite" makes it sound bigger, doesn't it? Still, it was nice cause there were two desks (tables) which made it convenient for my companion and me to set up our computers. I could warm up my leftover food in the microwave, and we could keep our drinks/food in the mini fridge.

The staff were very friendly. Love their accents (they probably would say, "What accent?").

We usually don't have our room cleaned every day (we reuse our towels) but the day we wanted it cleaned (just after 12 noon), it was hard to communicate with the housekeeper. I saw her in the hallway, approached her, said to her, "Could you please clean Room 501 today?" At first she looked at me with a big question mark on her face and then she said, "Jes". One hour and a half later I looked down the hallway and it was empty ... no cleaning cart, no one around. I don't think she could understand English maybe? I called the front desk and asked if housekeeping was done for the day. If they were done for the day, then I would just wait till the next day. No big deal. Within five minutes, a housekeeper was knocking on my door. I was so surprised. That was fast service.

Room Tip: Always get a room on the top floor and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We have a great staff. They have been with us for years and enjoy working here. I know location and condition of a hotel is important but it really comes down to good consistent guest service. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and please come back soon. Thank you for staying! Ellen Pettigrew

261 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Not sure what I was expecting, the lobby was pretty nice and the breakfast buffet was pretty good. Room was just average, obviously needs some updating. Let's just say there was a peculiar odor upon going into the room that I could not distinguish. The carpet looked like it had seen better days and I suspect that it was the cause of the smell. Bed was just okay, again every time I stay at a Holiday Inn, their beds seem to sag in certain areas. Was okay for one night, but would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that your stay wasn't the best. We will be changing out all the carpeting and beds during our slow season. Please come back and stay with us again! Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew
Wilson, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We needed a hotel close to the interstate and that wouldn't break the bank. The HIE fit the bill nicely. The staff was courteous, the room priced right, and the accomodations more than sufficient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am glad you like our location. Our hotel is the best for being near I-40 and I-26 interstates but without the noise! All the attractions are within a 15 minute drive. Thank you for your comments and come back soon. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We called from the Blue Ridge Parkway to make a reservation. The gentleman said there rooms were all filled but he could make a reservation at another local Holiday Inn. We agreed. I gave him my credit card number 5 times before he entered it correctly. We arrived at Holiday Inn Biltmore East where he had said we had a reservation. We had no reservation there. He had not given me a confirmation number. When I called back to ask where he had made our reservation - I was told they couldn't help me if i couldn't give them the confirmation number. The man said I should call around and ask if they had my name. Thankfully, the Holiday Inn Bilmore East was awesome! They resolved the issue for us and provided a 1st rate stay at an awesome hotel with outstanding customer service. Go to Biltmore East - don't waste your time with the poorly run Express location.

Room Tip: Dont go near this place!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
ejpettigrew, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am truly sorry about the confusion regarding your reservation. When you called our hotel the first time you went directly to Holiday Inn Central Reservation call center. They made your reservation for you. Individual hotels do not have the capability to make reservations at another hotel. When you called back the second time you did talk to one of our front desk agents but all he could do is give you the central reservation number to find the hotel where you were booked.
Once again I am so sorry for the confusion and I am surprised that central reservation did not give you a confirmation number. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew
Hockessin, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Asheville tends to be a pricey area for hotel rooms and this HI Express provides a little relief. The Express is packed into tight lot next to several other motels. The grounds are mostly asphalt but the building itself is nicely built. We had a comfortable king bed room with typical ammenities plus a small refrigerator. A microwave would have been a nice added touch, but the room did not have one. The room had a very nice view of the western Carolina mountains which was a welcomed touch. The Express is located fairly close to downtown Asheville as well as the Biltmore Estate. The entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway was just a couple of miles down SR 191 which is outside the door of the hotel. The North Carolina Arboretum is also located at the entrance to the Parkway and well worth a visit. There were shopping areas and a number of restaurants located very close to this hotel. The Express was in very good condition and it provides a very nice breakfast for its guests. We were there for 3 nights and they did vary the selection for the hot foods at breakfast. It was certainly adequate for most travelers. Some rooms had small balconies, but our room did not (there are 5 floors to the hotel and those balconies were restricted to the first 2 or 3 floors). Also, no one with a balcony room seemed to use the balcony at least not while we were looking. The only disadvantage of the hotel was that it was not in any of the tourist areas of Asheville and getting to a tourist area did require a brief car ride down an interstate. However, the cost savings at this hotel for a multi-day stay was significant compared to alternatives. There was also a supermarket close by as well as a shopping mall-- although that shopping mall appeared to have several vacant stores. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I visit Asheville in the future.

Room Tip: As for an odd numbered room-- the odd numbered rooms face the mountains where the even numbered room...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for recognizing that our hotel offers a fair rate to our guests. We want you to come back again and again! Please have a wonderful summer and we hope to see you soon. Warmest regards, Ellen Pettigrew
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This is another great one! The staff is very attentive. The rooms, some with balconies, are very clean as is the breakfast area. There are many places to stay in Asheville, but this is certainly one of the best for the $.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
People recognize Holiday Inn Express hotels for high standards and consistency. Our hotel goes above and beyond to make our guests comfortable with great amenities. Thank you for the recognition. Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew
Warsaw, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Everything we needed they gave us. My husband is handicapped and when we got to our room they had put a special bathing chair in the bathtub to accommodate his needs.

He lost a hearing aid in the room and when we got to Tennessee and discovered it was lost and called. They immediately went to the room and found it and had it shipped to our home.

There was nothing about the hotel that was wrong. The food was good, the rooms were spacious and very clean and had everything we needed for a good night's rest.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very gratified when we get great reviews. In this busy world, thank you for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you again! Sincerely, Ellen Pettigrew

Been to Holiday Inn Express Asheville - Biltmore Square Mall? Share your experiences!