“Where were the eggs and sausages?” 4 of 5 stars

Biltmore Village Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 Hendersonville Rd., Asheville, NC 28803   |
Ranked #42 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Where were the eggs and sausages?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

Since the in-room brochure says that complimentary breakfast includes eggs and sausage and there are no eggs or sausages on the breakfast bar - if breakfast is an important part of your stay, you may want to clarify the included items with management before booking. Until a nearly 100% wheat breakfast was served we had been really satisfied with the Sleep Inn. The bed was comfortable. There was a refrigerator in the room and it was clean and quiet except for the late arrivals above us on the third floor who walked as if they had lead weights attached to their ankles. They also couldn't refrain from repeatedly dropping bags and equipment , but the management had no control over that. The management does have control over the housekeeping staff. At 6:15 AM the clock alarm in the room next to us went off and it was still beeping when we checked out. Perhaps housekeeping should be held responsible for un-setting all alarms.

• Liked — Clean, Quiet Room
  • Disliked — Misleading information concerning included breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Jacksonville, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

My sister was getting married at the Biltmore, so she had booked a set of rooms at this hotel. When my husband, child and I arrived in our room (on the 3rd floor) we noticed it smelled like smoke (in our non-smoking room), but we just thought if we turned the AC up it would go away. Later that night, I could smell the smoke more and more, so much that in the morning, my hair smelled like I had been in a bar all night. I called the desk in the morning to ask for a new room, all the rooms were being cleaned, but I could call later. After lunch, I went to the front desk and they called housekeeping and gave us a new room. I went upstairs to the new room and when I walked in, same smoke smell. I went back downstairs (all of this with my 18 month old on my hip) and told him that room was no better than the one we already had. Again, he called housekeeping and they gave us a room on the 2nd floor. MUCH BETTER!!!! I think that the rooms on the 3rd floor used to be smoking, but they are now non and the smell is just still in the carpet, walls etc.

Overall, the rooms are small, but comfortable. There is no tub, so people with babies, beware. The breakfast was small, but we were happy with it. I would stay here again, but only on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2007

I booked a stay at The Sleep Inn via a 'package offer' inclusive of admission to The Biltmore. This hotel was the only one with the available dates I was looking for. The price was acceptable. Over-all, I suggest other places to book and plan a ahead. If do you stay here, I suggest staying on the 3rd floor in the rear of the Sleep Inn. I was on the 2nd floor front and had a lot of heavy footed people above us. Lots of booming and noise. Also you could hear toilets flushing ( quite powerful ones at that ) . The front of the Sleep Inn faces I-40. Given that, if you stay in the front be prepared to hear tractor trailors 'down shifting' directly across from you during the night and early morning hours. The air conditioning system ran quietly when the compressor didnt turn on with a rumble that woke us up periodically. It was also located very close to the bed. Lots of slamming doors by those who dont consider closing them quietly when they return from late nights at 2.am. and so forth. The breakfast room was small and cramped and the bagels seemed more than day old. Some applainces in the 'breakfast room' operated poorly. My wife and I ate elsewhere. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and courteous. The house keeping staff did a fine job also. Although advertised with our confirmation, the Sleep Inn does NOT have a pool at their specific location. It is located at the hotel next door. Loved the shower in our room. The design of the room was a bit quirky though. I didnt 'hate it' but wouldnt go back unless I was in a pinch to stay in the area again. They are located in a great spot as far as restaurants, The Biltmore and various sites etc. Over-all, I suggest other choices and there are plenty.

Stayed July 2007
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

We booked our stay through a Biltmore package. The staff was friendly overall and breakfast was fine. Our problem was that on our first night, we had an emergency in our room and there was no one to be found at the front desk at 3 am! One of our party had difficulty finding the switch in the bathroom (which is located on the opposite wall from door) and fell on the bathroom floor. I had tried to call the "o" earlier to ask a question, and it was busy. When I called again at 3 am, it was still busy! I went down to the front desk and called out, and no one came. Since we had seen the hospital earlier that day, we rushed our party to the emergency room and fortunately all was okay. I reported to the front desk the next morning, and also called twice to report to the general manager, whom I haven't heard back from. The bathroom door is a sliding door which needs to be pulled hard to close (in our room 221) and also mold was on the box spring of bed, and ceiling. The fan did not work, but the A/C did. The location is very good, close to the Biltmore and easy access to Asheville. I'm not sure if I'd consider a stay here again.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2007

Staying at the sleep-inn biltmore west is GREAT!! The rooms are re-done with all new carpet ,bedspreads and furnishings.The staff is very help-ful. Good location. Breakfast bar is everything you would want for beakfast. Go visit.

• Liked — up-dated rooms
  • Disliked — noisy refrigerators in room
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gatesville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2006

We stayed here while visiting the Biltmore House... This hotel is very close to the Biltmore House. The room was decent, it had a bed and bathroom! ha ha

There are places to eat close by. The hotel staff we encountered were very nice. The lady at the desk at night both times was very willing to offer places to eat.

While in our room we could easily hear the people walking above us. On Sunday morning I think people forgot to turn their clocks back because there was lots of people walking/doors slamming EARLY Sunday morning.

The breakfast was nothing to call home about. We went to McDonalds and Brueggers Bagels, which was only a short distance away.

• Liked — Close to the Biltmore House
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2006

I was really pleased with this hotel. They did not have a fitness area in the hotel but was offered at hotel next door - a bit inconvienent though. There was a restaruant within walking distance - T G I Fridays. The room was nice. The only thing I was surprised about was there was no hairdryer. I had a travel one but in a place this nice I certainly expected they would supply that. Cost for one night was some over $100.00. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Room very clean and could walk to restaurant
  • Disliked — cost
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Biltmore Village Lodge? Share your experiences!