“Very pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
southern pines
“Very pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

Very happy with the hotel. it was the first time we stayed at sleep inn. room was more narrow that our family is used to. Other than that everything was excellent!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
SleepInnAGM, Front Desk Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, September 28, 2009
Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
North Manchester, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Tried to make reservations, and was made to feel like I was getting in the way of the employee's day. Heaven forbid someone in the hospitality business be hospitable. We were prepared to book the room (credit card in hand) and decided that if this was how they treated potential customers, they probably wouldn't treat people who have already paid very well. We were very disappointed, because we had heard good thing about his hotel. After our negative experience with the person answering the phone, I asked to speak with a manager (Henry). He was no more help, and patronized me by telling me maybe he should just fire the front desk person. At this point I asked for the corporate number and filed a complaint with Choice Hotels. Very, very disappointed in how it turned out, but glad this hotel will not be getting any of my money.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
SleepInnAGM, Front Desk Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, September 19, 2009
I would like to apologize on behalf of the front desk staff at the time you called. I have spoken with both the desk clerk and our manager regarding this situation. It seems that at the time you called, the desk clerk on duty was especially overwhelmed with phone calls, which was why he may have been short and less than hospitable.

Of course, we strive to treat every guest of our hotel (whether or not they have "already paid"!) with the utmost respect, patience and hospitality. I am truly sorry that we did not meet this goal in your situation. We will be taking immediate action to better train all our front desk staff on how to handle those inevitable busy times with patience and fairness... to guests waiting on hold, those waiting for us to pick up the phone and those waiting in front of us at the desk! I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to meet our standards of quality.
South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

Found a bug as big as my little finger in the bed and manager did NOTHING!! Got just a oops sorry. Actually hav the GALL to tell me it was a cricket. I'm not stupid I know what a cricket looks like and this was NO CRICKET. Plus there is black mold in the shower
DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed August 2009
We apologize for your recent experience here at the Sleep Inn. Immediately after your checkout, the general manager carefully inspected your room but found no more bugs. We also contacted our pest control company, who inspected the room but found no evidence of any bug problem. A city health department representative also came the following day and we asked her to inspect your room, along with the random rooms she was required to inspect, and she also did not find any sign of a bug problem. We were therefore led to believe this was not indicative of a larger insect problem, and was an isolated incident.

However, we realize this must have been an unpleasant experience and we are truly sorry... but please be aware we did take immediate and thorough action to address your problem!
Troy, MO by way of KSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband & I stayed three nights at the Sleep Inn West on a nice get away vacation. The room was a good size, nice comfy king bed, clean as a whistle EVERYwhere, microwave & refrigerator in our room, great morning breakfast, helpful staff, lobby laptop and printer for checking our flights and boarding passes and all of this priced WAY better than anyone comparable. It is a bit out of the way and off the highway, but made for nice quiet nights. We had no complaints at all (but one suggestion to the staff: not everyone is a coffee drinkers; we thought it would have been nice to also put a few tea bags into the in-room coffee service tray). We would recommend and will probably stay again!! Loved Asheville!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
SleepInnAGM, Front Desk Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, August 22, 2009
Thank you for your comments! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay. I will relay your suggestion to put some tea bags in the coffee service trays to our general manager... hopefully we can implement it before your next visit!
charleston, sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

My friends and I have stayed at this hotel 4 times. The first 3 were great. Obviously, because we're repeat customers. I guess we've always been put on the top floor. This 4th time we were put on the 2nd floor. As soon as I got there it sounded like someone was jumping off the beds from the floor above us at 9pm. I had us moved immediately. We were moved to the 1st floor. The people above us didn't get home until 2 am and then all 3 or 4 of them took showers before going to bed. They were back up at 7 am jumping off the beds again. The same thing happened the next night. Needless to say, we didn't get a lot of sleep either night. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
alabamagirl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2009

I was staying at this hotel with a group of teens ona ski trip. After the first night. two of the girls in my room complained of a rash, itching at the insides of the elbows and on their legs. I thought about bedbugs but dismissed it as teens complaining. The next night, I was awakened at 3:40 with something biting on the top of my foot. It felt like a large mosquito bite. I immediately got up, dressed and reported this personally to the front dest. The attendant was nice but had never heard of bedbugs! So....I'm in the lobby now, reporting the bedbugs and waiting for morning when everyone in our group is up and moving around. I will NOT stay here another night, we'll see what happens. Beware, do NOT stay at Sleep Inn West, Asheville, NC!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bedbugs!
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Charlotte, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

Smoking rooms smelled terrible. Comforter on top of sheets smelled badly of smoke, obviously not washed. Carpets were stained. Cigarette burn in sheet. Bed was comfortable, staff was nice enough. Won't stay here again though.

Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn West? Share your experiences!