“Clean, Friendly, Affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Clean, Friendly, Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

After discovering that hotel prices in Asheville seemed to be much higher compared to similar areas, I found Sleep Inn listed and seemed to have favorable reviews. Even though it isn't in downtown Asheville, it was no problem to get there or to find. The staff at both check-in and check-out were very friendly. The hotel and property was clean and the room was great! I didn't try the breakfast since we wanted to go to a specific restaurant that morning, so I can't comment on it. I will definitely stay here again on my next visit to Asheville!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Fernandina Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife an I were en route north and Asheville was a good stopping point. We found Sleep Inn on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. The rooms are immaculate. The beds are very comfortable and firm. The bathroom isn't fancy, but it is all you need--the shower is quite nice. The breakfast is on par with Courtyard or Hampton Inn. The only negative is that the sound isolation is not great. Ask for a room on the third floor (top floor) so that you do not hear the people above you walking as night. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The staff is very knowledgable about the area and the hotel situated within 15 minutes of anything that would like to visit in the area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel's location makes it easy to get to downtown Asheville or to the Biltmore. Their breakfast is included in the price (which usually ticks me off), but it was good and worth it. We like the layout of the room - with the mirror outside of the toilet/shower area: one person could shower while the other brushed her teeth. The only reasons I did not give this hotel an "excellent" rating were: 1. no pool. 2. The beds were harder than I like. 3. The halls around the elevator smelled like smoke (but my room did not, which was great!) .

Room Tip: Mountain view, non-smoking floor
Givatayim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

A very nice and clean hotel. Everything was top notch, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast as well. Moved here after a bad experience in another hotel in Asheville, and were certainly glad that we did so.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SleepInnAGM, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves on service and cleanliness! We regret you had a bad experience at your previous hotel, but happy we were able to impress you with ours. We look forward to seeing you the next time you roll through town!

-Josh, Front Desk
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel has been extremely nice, clean, secure and friendly. My four star rating is the result of some minor hangups where everything wrong happened, and those occurrences made my stay a little less than ideal. First off, the room was a nice size and offered a lot in function and form. It was very comfortable and the bed was definitely worthy of a good nap. It has a nice TV, an air conditioner that works well and a series of lights that work well.

The staff is generally friendly, but they were not very knowledgeable about the Asheville area. The breakfast is a complete breakfast with options for the health conscious and the taste conscious.

When we arrived, the staff had written us a letter about how they LOOOOOVE Tripadvisor reviews and it explained to us how to write a review. They also left us a couple of little chocolates and some bottles of water as greeting gifts. They really loved us!

My first night, however, was a nightmare of little things happening. I had to wash laundry and the washing machine/dryer was very small and very expensive ($2.00 to wash clothes!) It was also receiving a lot of traffic. The staff does not have detergent, but a vending machine does have detergent for $1.00 per load. It took my dollar, but no detergent. It was 11:00 PM and I had to wash clothes and I had no detergent.

I asked for directions to a CVS and they were...wrong...to say the least. I was six miles away from the hotel by the time I got my detergent. When I got back, they were in use. I finally got my clothes washed by 4:00 AM. Someone had turned the dryer off and plundered through my clothes and that made drying take longer. I was sleepless in a Sleep Inn.

Regardless, they still get a 4 out of 5, I recommend that folks stay here. If its a busy time of the year however, just find another way to wash clothes or try to schedule it into your day.

Also, our refrigerator made a hell of a lot of noise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was our first time staying at a Sleep Inn and we were a little worried since we usually stay at a little more expensive type of motel, but overall we were very satisfied. We were there to visit the Biltmore Estate and had never been to the area before. This property was located very convenient to I-40 and was just a short drive to the Biltmore. It was also convenient to familiar restaurants. The check-in was very smooth and the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We were checking in early but they were ready for us which was so helpful. The room had two double beds, a straight back chair, a desk with a desk chair and the bathroom had a shower (with a bar to hold onto for safety) and a single vanity outside of the bathroom area. Everything was comfortable. Parking was right in front of the building and there were carts available for your luggage and an elevator in the lobby. There was a free breakfast in the lobby which had cereal, pastries, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, biscuits, gravy, waffle maker, and other items. Check out was easy. Just stop by the front desk and tell them you are leaving. Overall we were happy with our stay and happy with the value.

n/a
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a quick wknd trip to Asheville. The young man (Josh ?) greeted me at the counter and was very pleasant, offered directions around the area and inquired if I needed tickets to the local attractons. I didnt want to like this hotel b/c I like to stay at Marriott brands but chose this one b/c of price and Trip Advisor reviews (I didnt see the need to pay $150+ for an overnight trip) I was proved wrong. The room was VERY clean, decent sized for my small family, loved the walk-in shower, the mini-fridge and mcrowave was a plus b/c of the kids, nicely decorated and VERY quiet. The bed was kinda hard and the pillows were a bit too soft(in my opinion) but it was very doable. Breakfast was good and appropriate for being on the go. The only problem I had was the constant/faint smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways on what I think was a non-smoking floor. There are PLENTY places to choose from to eat and there's a Dairy Queen in walking distance(winning!) I wish there was more mountain views but Blue Ridge Pkwy is short drive down the road. I definitely recommend this property and will most likely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn West? Share your experiences!