“Nice and Very Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 59 hotels in Asheville
n/a
“Nice and Very Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a quick wknd trip to Asheville. The young man (Josh ?) greeted me at the counter and was very pleasant, offered directions around the area and inquired if I needed tickets to the local attractons. I didnt want to like this hotel b/c I like to stay at Marriott brands but chose this one b/c of price and Trip Advisor reviews (I didnt see the need to pay $150+ for an overnight trip) I was proved wrong. The room was VERY clean, decent sized for my small family, loved the walk-in shower, the mini-fridge and mcrowave was a plus b/c of the kids, nicely decorated and VERY quiet. The bed was kinda hard and the pillows were a bit too soft(in my opinion) but it was very doable. Breakfast was good and appropriate for being on the go. The only problem I had was the constant/faint smell of cigarette smoke in the hallways on what I think was a non-smoking floor. There are PLENTY places to choose from to eat and there's a Dairy Queen in walking distance(winning!) I wish there was more mountain views but Blue Ridge Pkwy is short drive down the road. I definitely recommend this property and will most likely stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

474 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Spent the July 4th weekend in Asheville and settled for the Sleep Inn after finding out the people of Asheville think an awful lot of their hotels. We arrived 2 hours prior to check in due to heavy rains interfering with our plans to play at sliding rock. The staff was great and got us in our room within about 15 minutes. While waiting Josh recommended a couple eating and drinking establishments in town and both were among the best we visited during the weekend.
The breakfast is very good with waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausages, eggs, bagels and oatmeal. The rooms were clean and the facility nice. The drive to downtown was about 15 minutes. The staff was awesome in a town where service is average at best.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SleepInnAGM, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Sleep Inn West!! Thank you for taking the time to tell others how much you enjoyed your experience here with us. We understand that plans can change, and when guests arrive early, we try to get them into rooms as quickly and effortlessly as possible. I am so glad the recommendations worked out for your family! We love Asheville and we love helping our guests get the most out of their visit to our exciting town.

-Josh, Front Desk
Montgomery Village, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Nice hotel, nice price. Nothing super fancy. Hotel was clean. Nice variety for breakfast, fresh baked cookies each evening. Staff was friendly and helpful, recommended various restaurants and sights to see in the area. A/C was a little loud, it seemed to rattle. I put my wife's purse on it, and that seemed to do the trick. There's no pool, and I would prefer an exercise room with more equipment (they had a treadmill, elliptical and bike). The third floor has a number of smoking rooms, and you can smell the smoke in the hallways. We were on the second floor, and didn't have any problems. It's about a ten minute drive to downtown Asheville and Biltmore, give or take depending on traffic.

Room Tip: Third floor has a lot of smoking rooms
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Sleep Inn was the best rate we could find for one night in Asheville,NC. We learned that hotels in Asheville during the high season (summer months) are not very cheap. The price we have paid for the sleep inn west is what we normally pay for Hampton inn. This Sleep Inn is one of the best I have seen. Very clean and well kept. The matress was confortable. The staff was nice and courteous. Of course the walls are thin and you can hear the neighbours but overall it is a good value in Ashville.

College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

A bit out of the way, but the sleep inn west turned out to be the perfect place to spend the night. We arrived late and left early, but the room was clean and comfortable. And a great bargain. If you're driving through Asheville and can't get a b&b, I would strongly recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013
springville, In.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a great stay at this property. Room was very clean, beds comfy, quiet & restful. breakfast was good & ALL staff were kind & courteous! We brought our pet & they are super PET FRIENDLY! Gave our dog a gift box, offered a pet bed if we need one. I inquired about the previous negative pet incident. They didn't specify any particular incident but said their rules are IF A DOG BARKS CONTINUALLY & CANNOT BE QUIETED AFTER SEVERAL MINUTES & CLAWS AT OUR DOORS WHEN OWNER NOT PRESENT, then we will have to ask the owner to keep their dog quiet so as to respect others & not damage the rooms. I totally get that! I told him I would expect that. I DO NOT KNOW THESE PEOPLE & HAVE NEVER STAYED HERE BEFORE BUT THIS IS MY HONEST EXPERIENCE! I would definetly stay again! JILL H. - INDIANA

• Stayed July 2013
Nindiri, Nicaragua
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is your average hotel inside. The staff was nice but we had an issue with our dog. We came to Asheville to attend a good friend's wedding.They claim to be a pet friendly hotel but when we left the hotel to go to the wedding our dog was barking. She usually barks when we leave but stops after a few minutes. The manager ran after us out of the hotel and literally would not let us leave because he heard the dog barking. To make a long story short my mom was forced to miss the wedding because the manager would not let her leave. I was very upset and so was our family friend who wanted my mom to be there. They claim that they are a pet friendly hotel but weren't very accommodating when it came down to it. I just wanted to put this review out there for people bringing their dogs to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn West? Share your experiences!