“My Best Sleep Inn Experience Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 59 hotels in Asheville
Moncure, North Carolina
“My Best Sleep Inn Experience Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Clearly this hotel deserves accolades for its exceeding expectations in many ways. The staff went out of their way to find me adequate parking for my van and trailer on a night when buses and trucks took many regular spaces. The cookies upon arrival were appreciated. The room had many upgrades and things you normally don't see at a two star hotel, a flat screen digital TV, a microwave, and refrigerator. The bed was extremely comfortable and the A/C worked well. The view of the mountains was very nice. The breakfast buffet was well above average as well, with hot eggs and hard boiled ones, bacon, and I especially enjoyed seeing perfectly ripe bananas. The only real downside was an overheating hair dryer. I have stayed in Asheville numerous times, and this hotel is likely the best one I've been at there, and I will look to go back there again on my next business trip there.

Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

467 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I arrived a little earlier in the day than the official check-in time. I was meeting a friend so it wasn't absolutely necessary for me to check in. I wanted to clean up a little so it was mostly an extra convenience. The man at the front desk didn't hiss at me and tell me to wait. He went right to work finding a room for me that was made up and ready. In a few minutes I was checked in and feeling human again. This enhanced the rest of my day. My room was neat and plenty big for me with a king bed. I think the trademark of Sleep Inns must be that they always have a shower and no bath tub. This is fine with me. The Sleep Inn is right off the highway, easy to find. It's only a few miles up the road to what Asheville has to offer. That includes the Biltmore Estate. and a fantastic antique dealer in an old tobacco warehouse.

Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We went on a couples trip to Asheville staying at the Sleep Inn West. We got there early and the front desk let us enter our room earlier than expected. They were all very nice and seem dedicated to customer service. The hot breakfast is a bit more comprehensive than most other hotels and you get hot eggs, sausage or bacon, and biscuits as well as the waffles cereal etc. The property is fairly new so the room was in very good shape. The only drawback is the location is a bit far out of town and the location is back off the road as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Pierce, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Asheville has very high hotel prices. We had good luck with other Sleep Inns and gave this one a try. The room was comfortable and the desk people were very nice and helpful. We were disappointed with breakfast. All the biscuits, sausages, and bacon were gone when we got to the breakfast room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
SleepInnAGM, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn West, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We are glad you were pleased with our rooms and our staff, however I apologize that you found our prices too high. You stayed during Bele Chere weekend, a high-demand weekend during which tens of thousands of tourists come to town for a three-day festival and every hotel is sold out.

I also apologize for the problems you experienced during breakfast. I have shared your comments with our breakfast attendants to ensure that this shortage of our popular hot items does not happen again.
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights. It is just 5 miles from the Biltmore and in a good location - just off the highway on the hill. The previous reviewer who mentioned the driveway was right - it is a little tricky and can be dangerous. Overall though, this was one of the cleanest hotels I've ever stayed in, and the staff was very courteous.

The rooms were spacious and the bed was pretty good - a little bit on the firm side for my wife's and my taste, but certainly could've been worse. There was a decent size fridge, a microwave, and a flat-screen TV.

The breakfast was very good. There were waffles, eggs, sausage/bacon, biscuits and gravy, bagels, muffins, danishes, and cereal. The coffee was good - Maxwell House, both in the eating area and the rooms. The girls who were working the breakfast did very well to keep everything stocked. The girl who worked Saturday morning was especially pleasant, though the one who worked Sunday morning was not.

For the money, this is a very good hotel. My wife and I were a little disappointed there wasn't a pool, but that wasn't priority #1 for our trip. We would recommend it to anyone looking for a clean and friendly hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind comments! I have shared them with my staff, and we really appreciate you taking the time to share them. We hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to Asheville!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

It is very clean, great breakfast room, cookies in the evening and the staff is wonderful to us. They always remember us from previous visits so it feels like home to us. Good location for the Interstates.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here for one night...stop over on my way to Nashville therefore do not have an extensive review. The most important thing to me is cleanliness of my room...I was pleased. Added bonuses: ample free parking, refrigerator/microwave in room, newspaper available, and breakfast(more than just donuts/pasteries...to include waffles, boiled eggs, bananas) . I would be content to stay in a hotel of this caliber in all my travels.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Sleep Inn West? Share your experiences!