“Labor Day Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Summerville, South Carolina
“Labor Day Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I went to Asheville for labor day weekend, to get away from the crowds at the beaches at home. Most of South Carolina had the same idea because Asheville was packed with tourists!! None the less, we had a great 4 nights with great accommodations at the Hampton Inn.
We usually try to stay at a Hampton when we travel. The room was extremely clean and well taken care of. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Randy O:
You are right, most visitors to Asheville on Labor Day weekend come up from the coast. I am certainly glad that you did and that you selected our hotel to stay in! I love it when one of our TripAdvisor family says that they love to stay at Hampton Inn's! You can be certain that in this mornings Team Meeting I am going to pass you comments on to the Housekeepers that you appreciated how clean your room was, they work very hard so that all of our guests have that same experience. Have a great Fall and come on back up the mountain soon! Barbara Kish / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Nashville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice Hampton with good service and secure parking. Room was clean and comfortable. Need to work on a better situation in regards to the business center. It is in the lobby with out any privacy. Hard to think in that situation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Vince:
I want to thank you for your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear that we made our guests happy and provided them with a great experience. I will look into your comments about the location of our Business Center and discuss this with our COO. Again, thank you for your comments and have a great September! Barbara Kish / GM
powder springs, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was very unhappy with the staff at check in... I checked in for a 2 day stay for business trip, drove 7 hrs to get there was very tired, and chose your hotel over many others in the area, have been a Hilton HHonors member for 7 years now, and was also a diamond member years before that, and forfeited my account and points from non use for almost 2 years because of non activity... Im also a priority club member, and a choice privileges member also. I asked for a bottle of water after i checked in, because i was very thirsty, and was told my Honors status didnt qualify me for it, i explained ive always got water everywhere ive ever stayed... Then he said i can sell you one for $2 bucks... He could tell i was very unhappy about this, and did not seem to bother him at all... Then i walked away, made a call to the hotel next door to this one,( Holiday Inn Express,) and booked a room... then went back to check out, and explained to the girl checking me out why i was going to check out... she seemed like she could care less about it also...I was going to pay $250 to have a room a total of 30hrs i was in town, and they let me walk out over a .50 cent bottle of water...I think this is very bad customer service, I'm very glad these to people do not work for my company.. at the holiday Inn Express, they welcomed me with open arms, upgraded me to a suite, and gave me 2 cold bottles of water and 2 snacks, and gave me a corprate rate of $20 less a night than this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Lee:

I have read your comments regarding your most recent arrival at our Hampton Inn. I am sorry that you felt as though you were treated unfairly and responded to in a rude way when you requested a bottle of water at check in. That is never OK. As a former Diamond Member you are aware that Hilton acknowledges it's Diamond & Gold Members with unique benefits as do all reward programs who have membership levels. The display box that holds the Diamond & Gold Snacks & Drinks is clearly marked that it is a Diamond / Gold Membership benefit. I spoke with the gentleman that you had your conversation with and this is what he was trying to explain to you, we did have water available in our vending machines for guest purchase. I apologize if this was not explained properly to you. As a brand; Hilton has instructed us: this is a Standard that all Hamptons are to follow, if we did no,t it would devalue our Diamond and Gold Members commitment to the Hilton Family of hotels. Barbara Kish / GM
Knoxville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This Hampton was only average, located 5-10 miles from the Biltmore, and the rate of $240 was excessive. The room, like all Hamptons, was very clean. There was a burned out light. The light bulb next to the arm chair was of a voltage too low to read a book. The toilet tissue was a cheap, beyond inexpensive, off brand. The breakfast was good, but not up to the standards of other Hamptons at which I have recently stayed.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Charles:
I was sorry to read that you did not have the experience that the majority of our guests do while you were with us. It is always our intention to provide all of our guests with the best service, accommodations and experience possible. I wish that you had mentioned something prior to your departure from our hotel. i would encourage you to contact me personally so that I can personally hear and try and resolve any issues that you may have had with us. I can assure you that everything that we purchase and use in our hotel has been approved by Hilton and is on their approved vendor lists. Again please accept my sincere apologies, and I hope that the upcoming Fall season finds you well. Barbara Kish / GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights, Saturday thru Tuesday. We noticed some pretty noisy boys with chaperones as we arrived, and dreaded yet another vacation spoiled by slamming doors and loud voices. However, the desk clerk assured us that we were far away from this crowd, and anyway, they'd be leaving the next morning.

We have not suffered a moment of discomfort while in our room. No unnecessary noise, cleanliness, and comfort...just what I hoped for!

The location is great, breakfast is varied and well-monitored...I'd definitely recommend this hotel, and would love to visit Asheville and the Blue Ridge Mountains again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Jne:
We did have a few Soccer groups with us this past weekend, and I apologize for the abnormal amount of noise in our hotel. I am glad that once you got into your room that you were not inconvienced by this and that you found our staff and hotel up to the standards that you have come to expect from us. I loved hearing that you are a frequent visitor! have a great Fall season, and we will be ready for your next trip! Barbara Kish / GM
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

When my husband and I checked in, the desk clerk did tell us that this hotel was kid friendly. We appreciated the advance warning.

The hotel itself was fine--clean, good staff, no complaints about the room. I wish the hotel's website would have stated that a lot of kids stay here as we would have booked at another hotel. There were kids running around, literally, everywhere. While I think it's nice that there is a hotel like this that is welcoming to kids, it was very disruptive for us: kids running up and down the hallway (I had to shout at them to stop); crying kids in the elevator, the hallways, the lobby, the breakfast area; kids overrunning the breakfast area, etc., etc., etc.

I like that I know that I can rest assured that each Hampton Inn will be clean, have a decent breakfast, and be in a good location as that has been my experience so far. I just wish this one hadn't been so kid friendly. We could not wait to leave the next day!

Dear Guest:
On the particular evening that you stayed with us, we had 3 soccer teams at the hotel for the annual regional soccer play offs. There was an abnormal amount of children in our hotel during this time. I apologize for the confusion of this and that it made your stay with us a bit difficult. I can assure you that this is not normally the case. The next time that you are headed our way please contact me personally so that I can let you know if there are any teams staying with us, and take care of your needs personally. Again, please accept my apologies. Barbara Kish / GM
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had the best visit at this Hampton Inn. The front desk staff and housekeeping were very helpful and friendly. I enjoyed breakfast which was always hot and tasty. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for your comments I will pass them along to my team! Have a great Autumn. Barbara Kish GM

Been to Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area? Share your experiences!