“Nice hotel with great customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save!
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
ashville
“Nice hotel with great customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This Hampton is pretty typical Hampton. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly,as most people in Asheville are! The rooms were recently renovated,and very clean. No mini fridge on site........altho by years end should be avaiable. The location is very handy to highway. Mall is across the street and there are resturants nearby. Would love to stay again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments about our hotel and especially our wonderful team! They really want all of our guests to have the best time that they can while they are with us, from an extra towel in your room to a great local place to eat! We really love having you here and will be ready to assist you the next time that you stay with us. Have a wonderful October! Barbara Kish/GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Typical Hampton - in fact, after staying one night, we cut our trip short and left early. I can't say anything bad about the hotel - staff was friendly, rooms were clean but small but that's about all I can say. It was easy access off the highway, but not really located close enough to Ashville downtown. You could hear traffic noise in the rooms.
Breakfast in the morning was so standard. Plastic utensils and foam plates and cups.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
I am sorry that you cut your trip short by a day, and did not mention that you heard outside noise in your room. If I had been made aware of that I certainly would have tried to resolve the issue for you. As for the plates and serve ware, it is standard for all Hampton Inns, and of course it is all recycled in keeping with our companies commitment to a greener planet. Again, I am sorry that we did not leave you with a more positive impression. I would ask that if you come to our city again that you contact me so that I can personally take care of you and show you that we do have an outstanding hotel. Have a wonderful Fall Season and safe travels. Barbara Kish / GM
Evans, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This Hampton Inn is...well...okay. It's about what you'd expect for this class of hotel. The rooms are clean, and they even have promos in the elevator and in the rooms letting you know that they wash their duvet covers for each new guest. I think that's pretty cool and definitely gives me peace of mind that things are all fresh for me. The rest of the room is nice and is likely to satisfy most travelers. It's pretty basic stuff...no fridge or microwave (and they don't claim to have those). The elevator arrangement is a little odd. There are two elevators...one on each end of the building. It seems to have the effect of having one elevator once you make your choice...could result in a bit longer wait. Breakfast is decent...a little better than Holiday Inn...not on par with Embassy. Where this hotel "makes their money" is with their wonderful staff. No matter the individual or what shift they work, there is always a smile and these folks are serious about taking care of customers. Very responsive and attentive. Even after we left our iPad cord, we called the next day and they were relentless about following up and ensuring we were able to arrange getting it back. Great staff. 15-20 minutes from Biltmore, Downtown, and some nice antique shopping. Also 2 min drive from a local mall and several restaurants right down the street. Pretty good. A little pricey for what you get, but pretty good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for your. Comments about our hotel, and our Team! They love their jobs and it shows on everything they do. I love that you focused on that aspect of your stay with us. I try and tell them from the moment they join our team that every hotel has a bed and bathroom, but what sets us apart are the people who work here and are here because they love taking care of our guests. Have a great Fall, and thank you again for your comments, I will read it to our team in tomorrow mornings Team Huddle! Barbara Kish / GM
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Hampton is so wonderfully consistent! We love that we know exactly what to expect. The cleanliness, friendliness, hot breakfast, and of course free wi-fi are the foundational elements we need in a hotel, and the Hampton always delivers. Just a note--I made the assumption without verifying that this hotel is down the street from the Biltmore Estate, but it is actually across the street from the Biltmore street mall, which is about 15 minutes from the Estate. That was fine with us since the hotel is such a good value. Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Larissa
Thank you for your great comments about our hotel and the Hampton Brand! We feel, like you that consistency is what sets us apart in a world full of hotels. Than you for your loyalty to our brand and for staying with us. Yours in Hamptonality! Barbara Kish / GM
Pasadena, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We purchased a Biltmore Estate package with this hotel and were definitely rewarded! This hotel is nice and clean (they left a note saying that they washed the duvet cover for us) and has the best complimentary breakfast I have ever had. Waffles, eggs, sausage, fruit, coffee, yogurt, cereal, the works! Great place to stay when passing through Asheville. You are only a short drive from the city.

Room Tip: This hotel has a great Biltmore Estate package!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Jordan:
Thank you so much for telling us about your experience that you had while staying with us this weekend we love being partners with the Biltmore Estate and all that it offers, and I am glad that you took advantage of that! Our Breakfast team of Pam & Chelsea take great pride in providing fresh / hot food to our guests so that they start there day out right! Again, thank you and may you and your family have a wonderful Fall season. Barbara Kish / GM
Concord, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel is very nice. The staff is extremely helpful and kind. The hotel is evenly located between my work locations in Greenville, SC and Asheville, NC which makes this hotel very convenient. This hotel is also very close to the Biltmore area in Asheville and usually the room rates are better than other hotels of similar quality in that area?

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for your response to your stay with us a couple of days ago! I love te fact that we are convient to you as a midpoint. I hear that a lot from my business guests. We appreciate your kind words and especially those related to our team, they love what they do and work very hard to ensure that all of our guests are taken care of. Have a great time as the Summer winds down, and we will be here when you need us! Barbara Kish / GM
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton two nights in August 2012 while I was in town for a golf outing. My wife shopped while I played poor golf. We have stayed in many Hamptons, Hampton Suites, and other Hilton family properties over the past 10 - 15 years. On the positive side, this one, like most Hilton properties, was clean, both inside and on the grounds, and our room was very clean and well appointed. The king size bed was very comfortable. Since this Hampton is not a “suite” hotel, the room, designated as a “King Study” (Room 414) was smaller than we are accustomed to in the Hilton studio or one bedroom suites, but it was fine for our purposes. Most of the hotel staff seemed personable and friendly. The free parking, and complimentary USA Today newspaper, breakfast and Internet access were provided, as I think they are in all Hampton Inns. We were on a non-smoking floor, and it was truly free of smoke smell. The hallways, unlike a lot of hotels, were air conditioned and comfortable as well.

I only rated the hotel 3 stars due to several relatively minor complaints, but when added together, they reduced my rating. I'd rate it 3.5 if I could. Our LG flat screen occasionally shut off for no apparent reason, and it was very difficult at times to get the channels we wanted. I assume there was a problem with the tuner or the remote, but it was sporadic. We were able to deal with it since we watched very little TV anyway. Secondly, our room, which was located overlooking the parking lot and indoor pool roof, had one window (see my photo of the view). Although it had a heavy room-darkening drape that covered most of the window, it was an inch or so short in height, and did not completely block out the light on the bottom or one side. Since the roof over the pool was white, and several parking lot lights are nearby, the light that reflected off the roof and leaked into the room was quite bright - both after dark, and in the early hours of daylight. Since I prefer total darkness when I sleep, the light leak made sleep somewhat difficult for me. My only other complaint was in connection with breakfast. Only three cereals were offered, all for children: Fruit Loops, sugar coated Cheerios, and Raisin Bran. I usually load up on unsweetened Wheaties, Bran Flakes, Grape Nuts, Corn flakes or Rice Crispies, but none were available. Scrambled eggs were available, but were burned up and dry on both days. When my wife asked an attendant if fresh eggs were available, her response, after looking at the brown and yellow dried up mess in the serving container, was “What’s wrong with these?” There was other food available, and I enjoyed the waffles, fruit and coffee.

The interior door to the only elevator was decorated with what I assume is a typical Hampton Inn banner, although I have never seen this specific one before. It pictured a baby wrapped in white bedding, followed by the words “sleep naked” (see my photo), then went on to state how great the bedding is. Cute, but probably not what parents of young children would want to explain to their curious little eyes.

Finally, and this is not a complaint, and did not effect me, but is just an observation for visitors unfamiliar to the area. The “Biltmore Square” part of the name of this hotel is somewhat misleading. Biltmore Village Square is located about 7 miles away from the Hampton Inn Biltmore Square. The hotel is fairly close to the Biltmore Estate property’s western perimeter, but some 7+ miles from the entrance to the Estate and the surrounding Biltmore Village shops.

All in all, a nice hotel, but bring a sleeping blindfold, and your own cereal....

Room Tip: Non-smokers will be happy with the 4th floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I want to thank you for taking the time to write down your thoughts about your recent stay with us last week. I was happy to learn that you did like the cleanliness and our team. I was sorry to hear about the blackout drape and the light that was able to come through, you can be certain that this is being looked at and will be addressed immediately. We do offer the bulk cereal option, in trying to reduce our hotels carbon footprint, and be as green as we possibly can. That particular morning we probably had those options for cereal, but we co have rice crispies and had you asked one of my breakfast persons they would have been happy to get you a bowl. The eggs: I apologize for the hostess response to you, that was not apropriate and I am sorry. The elevator wrap that you commented on, is one that has recently been issued to Hampton Inns when our wraps become old and worn. We have received a lot of positive comments about it, but I can see your point as well. Again thank you for your comments, and if you find yourself in Asheville again, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you and your family that we can do it right! Please give me a call so that I can take care of you personally. Yours in Hospitality, Barbara Kish/ GM

Been to Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area? Share your experiences!