“Nice place - nice people” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save!
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Adelaide, Australia
“Nice place - nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Had a very good stay here, while on a self-drive touring holiday. Asheville is up in the mountains, and the hotel is located on the fringe of town, giving easy access to downtown areas, and yet easy to get out of town to scenic areas. Staff were excellent, couldn't be more helpful, especially REGGIE and SANDY, the room was very comfortable and clean, and the breakfast good value and tasty.
We would stay again if passing this way.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
I wanted to thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel and especially 2 of our team members: Reggie & Sandy. They do a great job and are a big part of why our guests keep coming back! Safe travels on our tour around America. Barbara Kish / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

We arrived earlier than checkin, yet they were willing and able to accommodate us. The facilities were of a good standard - we used the pool, the gym, the internet, and enjoyed the free breakfast the following morning. The only thing they didn't have was room service, so we ordered a pizza from a nearby place to feed our hungry teen. The hotel is close to lots of shops and eating out places, and was an easy drive to other parts of Asheville.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad that we could accommodate your early arrival and that while you were with us you utilized our new pool and work out areas, we are indeed proud of our new renovations! Again, thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home while you were visiting Asheville. Barbara Kish / GM
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

I recently stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights. Our room was atractive, clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. I am a very light sleeper so I used ear plugs to drown out the noise coming from I-26. (Once in our room I learned that one side of the hotel faces the highway, one does not). It really isn't bad but I hear everything so if you are like me ask for a room on the quiet side. The desk clerk was helpful when we asked about eating out and gave excellent selections. They have a book of restaurants and menus in the lobby. The hotel was very busy the weekend we stayed. The breakfast area was swamped all 3 mornings making it difficult to find a table one morning. The coffee did not run out, though as the staff work hard to keep everything replenished!

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you so much for your response about your stay with us! I loved that you thought that our team did a great job and that we provided you with a nice clean and comfortable place on your travels. It is always good to hear from our guests so that we can continue to strive to provide future guests with the same experience. Next time you are in the Asheville area we will be waiting for you with a fresh hot pot of coffee! Safe travels. Barbara Kish / General Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Just minutes away from downtown Asheville this is a great location right off I-26. Recently redcorated, the lobby was a welcoming oasis. Has an indoor pool, hot tub and workout area. The rooms are beautful and very, very comfortable. The staff is amazing. A great breakfast, even "breakfast to go" bags if you are running out the door.

I always check this location first when visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
I am so glad to see that we have a place in your heart when you plan a "Little Getaway" from Charlotte. We have been hearing a lot of great compliments since our renovation, and my team loves it as well! We love taking care of our guests and I am happy that you saw that as well. Thank you for all of your kind words, and we will look forward to seeing you on your next "Escape!" Yours in hospitality, Barbara Kish / GM
Streetsboro, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We stayed here for a short wknd trip. We arrived late at night on Friday due to a later flight getting into Charlotte & then 2 hr drive to the hotel. I made the reservation for the wrong dates but they totally accommodated us & did give us the AAA discount as well. The room was clean & neat. The bathroom was also clean. I could walk around in the room with my shoes & socks off and not be grossed out so that is good.
The only thing I have a complaint about is the bed itself. I swear by Hampton Inns and only stay there when traveling mostly because of the super comfy beds! Every once in a while we hit a Hampton that has more firm beds & this is one of them. It was too firm for me as I am a side sleeper & it hurts my shoulders and I can not really get a good sleep. Plus I am not a fan of feather pillows, I know they are luxurious but they get too flat for me & there is not enough support in them for me so we didn't get good rest.
The other Hampton in the area had a note that their Front Desk was under remodeling construction so that was the deciding factor for us to stay at the Biltmore Square location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Dear msamieb:
I am glad that we could get you in and offer you the AAA discount upon your arrival.
I want to thank you for your wonderful comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. My Housekeeping team takes great pride in their work and I think that you experienced that! I am sorry about the bed, it is the new Hampton Bed, and our rooms do have the 2 feather and the 2 non-allergenic pillows for our guests convience. I wish that we had known that you did not like the feather pillows as we would have had 4 of the others in your room for you. I hope that the next time that you visit us from Pittsburgh you will stop in again! Barbara Kish / GM
Birmingham -Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

My wife and I stayed at this property December 6 and 7, as part of a bus trip to visit the Biltmore Estate. It was close to the Estate, and the group room rate was reasonable. It was what I expected from a Hampton Inn, the breakfast passed my expectations, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Trojanbill: I want to thank you for staying with us when you visited the Biltmore Estate. It is indeed a must to see when visiting our beautiful city! Thank you for your comments on our breakfast, we like to provide our guests with a wonderful start to thier day! I hope that your New Year is wonderful! Barbara Kish / GM
Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

We stay at this hotel regularly. The main complaint that I have with the hotel is that the pool is too cold! When we asked about turning the temperature up so kids could swim we were told that it was as warm as it could be! I have an upcoming trip planned to the area, and we are questioning whether to return simply based on the temp of the pool!!! The hotel is immaculate, service is perfect, the location meets our needs. We just wish we could swim comfortably!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
MountianMagic, Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Dear Surrett1: Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn / Biltmore Square hotel. I apologize for the issue that you had with our pool temperature. During the time that you stayed with us we were having trouble with the pilot light not staying lit, that issue has been resolved, and I hope that the next time you visit our beautiful city that you will stay with us again and enjoy all that we have to offer! Have a wonderful Holiday Season! Barbara Kish / General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Asheville - I-26 Biltmore Area? Share your experiences!